Alive 🖤

Again, no emoji. This is an original idea, ask before using.

Ben adjusted his lab coat as he entered the lab. "Dr. Pincus." Wu said without turning around.

"Yes sir-!" Ben squeaked as he quickly turned to the doctor. "You're late."

The lad ruffled his own hair as he fiddled with the goggles around his neck. "Sorry sir, you see-" "I don't care. Get to work. Our new asset is hatching. Come."

Ben nodded as he quickly followed after his boss. They stopped in a room with a rather large egg, in a cage. "That's huge! Why is it in a cage?"

"We genetically modified the genomes to be aged when he hatches, as soon as that egg is split he'll try to kill us." Dr. Wu huffed.

"So.. it's an adult already? Would that mean it wouldn't have an egg tooth?" Ben asked. "Precisely, he has claws to tear out." A rich looking dude asked.

"Ah-qho are you?" Ben asked. "He's our sponsor, he allowed us to borrow some DNA, so our asset won't lack sympathy."

Ben gave a small "oooh" as he nodded. A small crack was heard as everyone looked to the egg. "It's hatching!" Wu exclaimed.

"Sh-should we leave...?" The younger scientist asked nervously. "Good heavens no!"

Just as the three conversed a roar was heard as the hybrid dinosaur rammed into the glass.

"HOLY MOTHER OF SANITIZER!" Ben screeched as he fell back. "Oh. The buyers will love this!" One of the scientists exclaimed. "We're selling him? But... he's a living animal."

"Dr. Pincus. This is your job and I am your boss, you are not to question me." Wu hissed as he linked his arms behind his arms.

"Sorry sir..." Ben mumbled as he hugged himself. "Pincus. I want you to study this creature, see to it that there are defects."

"Yes sir." Ben said again as he gave a stiff nod. "Good."

_________________________

It had been almost a week since the Inodraptor had been created, Ben had named him Kenji. They got along ok, as long as Ben wasn't too close to the bars Kenji wouldn't launch at him.

Slowly every day Ben would move in inch closer, until he was allowed to sit against the bars without Kenji reaching through and grabbing him. Life in the lab was hard though, all the female scientists had quit, and the dirty blonde scientist had the closest body to a woman.

All the other scientist were very touchy, usually grabbing or slapping Ben anywhere remotely thick. "So, I guess I'll meet you back here in ten?" Ben asked one of his coworkers, the nicest there. His name was Eli, he had black shaggy hair and blue eyes.

"Or you know, we can just hang out now." He hummed as he watched Ben lean against the bars of Kenji's cage. "Have you ever gone in there?" He asked.

"Where?" The other questioned as he rose a brow. "In the asset's cage." Ben shook his head. "I don't think he trusts me enough." He hummed.

Eli fiddled with his ring before gently pulling Ben away from the cage and against a desk. "You know, Ben. You've been friend-zoning me for the past week. Can't you see? I want you so bad!" The ravenette whined.

"I'm sorry that I don't feel the same way." Ben huffed as he pushed the lad away and started inching towards the cage. Kenji gave a possessive growl as his claws launched through the bars. They got caught in Ben's labcoat as the dinosaur pulled the human towards him.

Eli narrowed his eyes. "That thing is dangerous Ben." He snarled as he stepped closer. Suddenly the door opened, and Dr. Wu stood at the door, unimpressed. "Dr. Hathaway. What are you doing in here? This is not your station. Dr. Pincus, come get a new lab coat.