Prologue

REIGN|

Today was the day that I was officially moving to Chicago. I've never been there a day in my life but I saw some nice views of the city on Google. I found an affordable apartment in Parkway Gardens. I hope it looks as good as it does online. If not I'd have to deal with it until my lease was up or until I could afford something else.

I was currently living with my mom, the most toxic person ever. Everything I do is wrong in her eyes and I just feel like I'm not progressing living here with her. Like I have zero support and all she does is judge me for making mistakes like a normal human being. My father was currently serving time in prison for a deadly hit and run a while back. It's been almost five years since he's been locked away. I'm nineteen now and my mom haven't taken me to see him since I was sixteen. They're arguments somehow controlled whether or not I got to see my father but I plan on visiting him once I've moved out.

I finished packing the rest of my things into my car. I was driving, it was only a couple hours from where my mom lived which wasn't that bad of a drive.

I went into my mother's room to say my goodbye for now because I know she'd be there the first chance she got.

"See you later mom , I'm leaving. "I said to her as I wrapped my arms around her. She hugged me back.

"Awwww you're leaving me. "She said then she kissed my forehead. "Be safe on your journey and call me when you make it. "

"Yes ma'am I will. I love you. "I told her,giving her one more hug.

"I love you as well." She said. She laid back down in her bed and I left.

Even though this was a two hour drive, best believe it was only going to take me an hour. Speed limit who? I break laws honey.

I

got in my car and turned on my favorite playlist. It was now time to hit the highway.

*****

Within an hour, I made it like I said I would. The gates opened to my complex and I drove around until I found my building. No one was outside and it was kinda dark except for the dim pole lights. I put my phone  and keys in my pocket then I popped my trunk to I can start taking my stuff in.

I grabbed as many bags as my hands could carry. I walked into my building and there was people in the hallways. A group of guys leaned against the wall a few doors from mines but I didn't pay them any mind. I unlocked my door and turned on the lights, dropping the bags on the floor.

I decided to look around a little bit and it was actually nice. I got a two bedroom with a one and a half bathroom. It was good enough for me. Not like I was going to have anyone over.

I went back outside to get some more of my things then I noticed a guy going through my stuff in my trunk.

"HEY GET OUT OF MY SHIT!" I yelled at him. He reached in his pants and pulled out his gun then held me at gun point.

"What the fuck did you just say to me?" He said choking me as he held the gun to my temple.

"I said GET OUT OF MY SHIT!" I repeated myself to him because my parents ain't raise no bitch.

He smacked me with his gun then I fell to the ground holding the side of my head which was starting to pound.

"Aye bro what the fuck you doing?" A guy yelled at him. He shot the guy to the ground right in front of me. I yelled and I started crying because this was my first time witnessing a murder.

"Are you okay?" The guy asked. He extended his hand for me to grab it but I didn't. I put my head in my lap hoping that he'd go away but he didn't. Instead he lifted me up from off the ground.

"Its okay I'm not going to hurt you. "He said. I looked up at him and he wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Thank you but you just killed someone. "I said to him.

"That's normal around here shorty. "

"Really?" I asked. Had I known this, I wouldn't have moved here.

"Yes. You must be new around here?" He asked me.

"Yes. "I answered.

He started laughing then he said, "Welcome to the O shorty. "

RIP KING VON 🌹🕊 ...I was a huge fan of his appearance and I started listening to his music. Now it's crazy how he's gone. 🥺💔