Chap 3: A Fresh Start

Amity's Pov:

"Azura grabbed Hecate's arm, and kissed her. The green haired witch quickly realised what she had done. 'Hecate, Im so sorry. I did not mean to do that!' Hecate looked at Azura, the one who used to be her biggest rival, had changed, Hecate looked down 'Well theres something ive been needing to tell you, Azura." Azura looked at Hecate, 'I lov-" But before I could finish my sentance, Edric barged in.

"Heyyy Mittens!~" He sang. I sighed and placed my bookmark in the middle of the Azura book.
"What is it Edric, why are you here?" I ask
Emira walked in, and pouted dramatically. "Its not everyday your siblings pop in to visit." She said.
"Yes," I rolled my eyes "Yes it is. You come here nearly everyday!"
"Back where we live is so boringgg.. Is it a crime to come here once in a while?" Edric Grinned. Oh boy I wish.

"Anyways," I stand up. "Why are you actually here, do you want something?"
"No, but Odalia does. She wants to see you downstairs." Emira says. I can feel my ears perk up at the sound of my mothers name, and tilt my head.
"Yeah she wants to have a chat with you about the family business-" She continues
"Gods, im happy we dont have to deal with them anymore." I hear Edric mumble, he chuckles at the awkward silence. And i go downstairs.

I start to approach my Mother, "I heard this was about the family business? Because if it is, you already know that I dont want in."
She chuckles and faces me,
"Oh but you have no choice, you either serve The Emperor. Or get out of my house."
My ears twitch when she says Emperor, "I'll never forget what Dad did to Luz. I'll never forgive him or join you."

She laughs, "Your father is the most powerful witch on The Boiling Isles, you'd rather serve and become a bunch of no bodys then live a life of royalty?"
"I would, If becoming a 'No body' means having fun and being happy, then yes. Yes I would." I scowl.

Her smile drops, "Mhm, well so be it." She turns her back on me, and faces the window. "And I thought you were perfect, you were going to be rich, powerful and happy. You're just a mistake, and you dont deserve to be a Blight. You have 48 hours to pack and get out of the house."

I shiver at her words and my ears go down. My heart sinks and I race up to my room, I can feel heat flushing to my face and tears are forming under my eyes. 'Mistake' 'A real Blight', those were the only words that i could think of.

Maybe I was a mistake, but I know its not going to be a Mistake when i leave this house. Though I felt sad, I needed to toughen up, I cant let anyone see me like this. No one has and no one will.

I could ask my siblings if I can live with them, then again, I might come off as too desprate. Its my only choice, Ill take part time jobs and still be able to play Volleyball. It will be fine, I will be fine. Everything will be fine.