-seven-

"Baby, I am a wreck when I'm without you"

-Line Without A Hook (Ricky Montgomery)

Who's Your Yule Ball Date?

"Ugh." Y/N mutters, as she finally closes her book as she gets up from the cold stone bench she was sitting on.

As she walks out of the grassy courtyard, she hears all kinds of sounds. A couple of fifth-years giggling amongst themselves at the archway. One gryffindor girl jumping up and down, nodding her head as she smiles at her yule ball date. The sounds of birds chirping. Owls swooping down and delivering letters of proposals to the yule ball for a few of the Beauxbatons. The sounds of happy sighing as girls zoned out dreamily, thinking of dancing with their date. Along with chuckles of guys playing around and giving each other suggestive smirks.

That's all that's going on really. Just countless students of Hogwarts, Durmstrang, and Beauxbaton students chatting lightly about the upcoming event.

As for Y/N, a couple students from Durmstrang and Hogwarts had in fact asked her to accompany them to the yule ball. She declined each one politely.

Y/N personally didn't think the event was very appealing. Mostly because she couldn't imagine seeing Cedric Diggory dancing with someone else.

She felt a pit in her stomach by even thinking about another student dancing in his strong, but gentle arms, gliding across the dance floor gracefully.

But yes, Y/N was going to attend the ball, luckily with Aurelia. The two friends decided that they would take each other to the ball and also make sure Alice was going to be okay.

Not that the two didn't trust Adrian, he was a chill guy, but they couldn't help but feel defensive for their friend.

Y/N continued to make her way toward the Hufflepuff common room. Aurelia had agreed to meet up with her that afternoon.

As minutes went by, no sign of her friend.

Finally, the knocking from the wooden barrel door sounded through the almost-empty common room. The crackling of the sparky fireplace was always comforting.

The large door opened to reveal Cedric and his friends laughing amongst themselves. They all caught sight of Y/N sitting on the soft couch, reading a book.

The boys light-heartedly elbow-nudged Cedric, wriggling their eyebrows playfully and pointing to Y/N through their eyes.

Then behind them a familiar voice cleared their throat.

"If you four buffoons don't move out of the doorway right now, I'll-"

The boys quickly shuffled away toward a table in the corner.

Aurelia poked her head inside and made her way to Y/N.

"Geez.. sorry I'm late Y/N, I had a few.. er- complications," Aurelia stated, giving Y/N a look saying there was a lot more she needed to say.

Y/N closed her book and nodded up at her friend to signal for her to go on.

"Well.. You wouldn't believe it! Draco pathetic Malfoy asked me to go to the Yule Ball with him! I mean.. I suppose it wasn't really asking. My sly parents had agreed with Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy to have him accompany me to the dance." Aurelia ranted. Her furious face expression then softened as she continued, "Oh, Y/N, I'm so sorry I won't be able to go with you anymore. All because of that filthy blonde."

Y/N laughed lightly, "Aurelia it's completely fine! No worries I can find someone else to take me."

Meanwhile the girls chatted, Cedric Diggory had decided that he wanted to take Y/N to the yule ball. Even if this was the last time the two would be together, he just wanted one last memorable moment with her.