-eleven-

"And darling when the morning comes
And I see the morning sun
I wanna be the one with you
Just the two of us"

-Just the Two of Us 
(Grover Washington Jr. ft. Bill Withers)

You, Me, and Bubble-head Charms

Y/N walked out of her last class when a strong arm pulled her waist to the left. She looked up to see Cedric looking back down at her with a smile.

"Hi." 

"Hey."

She beamed up at him and he smiled back. He had waited for her to finish class.

His smile suddenly turned into a frown when his focus went elsewhere.

His eyes dropped down to her casted arm.

He was about to start to say something but Y/N stopped him. "Nuh uh. I know what you're thinking. It's not your fault. You are not leaving me again."

"Well then, I guess you'll just have to stick with me at all times Goldie. It's the only way I can make sure you'll be safe."

"Safe with me." He added.

Well. That's not bad. I could do with that. More time with Cedric.

Y/N smiled at the thought.

He angled his elbow and Y/N slipped her arm into his and with that, they strolled over to the Black Lake to practice.

There were only a couple weeks until the day of the second task so they would have to get started.

They sat down near the lakeside. The snow was melted away to show the wet green grass.

Spring was on its way.

Y/N flipped open the charm spell book that she had borrowed from Professor Flitwick.

The Bubble-head Charm.

The protective charm allows the caster to form a source of oxygen around the caster's head.

The charm appears as an upside-down fishbowl. 

This incantation allows casters to breathe underwater, in places with low oxygen levels, etc.

The motion to cast the spell is to move your wand in three u shapes. The first should be small and the u should start from the top left to the top right. Keep on moving upward from the top right of the first u to outline a wider, upside-down u. The lower right of the upside-down u should connect to the last u which should be similar as the first one. The movement must be in one flourish from left to right.

"Hmm.. okay let's practice the movement first, Ced."

She took out her wand and repeated the motion from the book. 

Cedric watched how she did it and repeated after her.

"Ced.. you've got to move from left to right, not left, right, and then left, silly."

He pouted. He didn't like not getting things right on the first try.

It hurt his ego.

Y/N scooted closer to him and held his hand to hold the wand steadier. She moved his hand to the motion of the charm.

Y/N repeated the motion with her own wand again.

She watched as he repeated the motion. The right way this time.

"Okay, now you should cast the bubble as you're going into the water so we'll have to practice casting the spell now."

She picked up her wand and casted the movement around her head.

Surprisingly, it had worked.

Cedric smiled proudly at his girlfriend.

She quickly undid the charm and faced Cedric again.

"Your turn."

He focused intently as he flourished his wand with the motion.

Nothing happened.

"I think we'll have to try harder.. Ced, visualize it forming around your face," Y/N said.

He continued trying with no luck.

"Maybe we'll try tomorrow?"

He seemed to have a dampened mood but he nodded and nuzzled his head into her neck

He held her hand tightly as they walked into the Hufflepuff dorms.

"Y/N, why do you keep coming in late these days?" Aurelia asked, almost immediately when Y/N stepped inside their room.

She stood in front of her with concern.

Y/N sat down on her bed.

"I've been.. uh.. out.. with Ced," Y/N sheepishly told her friend.

A grin formed on Aurelia's face.

"Ooooh what have you two been up to?" She asked, wriggling her eyebrows.

"Just preparing for the tournament," Y/N said, rolling her eyes.

"Hey. What are you all dressed up for this late at night?" Y/N asked, finally noticing her friend's fancy outfit.

"Uhhh," Aurelia grinned shyly and ran out of the room while checking her wristwatch.

Y/N called out, "Hey! Where are you going?? Be safe at least!"

[ time skip ]

"You did it!!" Y/N exclaimed.

She pulled Cedric's face in and pecked him on his soft lips.

As she pulled away, she blushed profusely while smiling at him with pride.

He started to stutter from shock and his face reddened.

Some other students had witnessed it because of Y/N's excited yell and started to chitter about it.

"Miss Y/L/N?" Professor McGonagall asked as she looked the couple up and down.

Y/N quickly stood up and tucked her hair behind her ears. "Yes?"

"Please come with me."

Y/N sent a confused glance at Cedric and was met with his confusion.

He started to get up but Professor McGonagall interrupted him.

"Not you, Mr. Diggory. Just Miss Y/L/N."

Y/N followed behind the professor and Cedric watched until they were out of sight.

He hoped it would be quick because the task would be starting soon.

[ time skip ]

The second task was about to start in 10 minutes.

Where was she??

Cedric gathered with the other 3 champions on the ledge.

The other students quickly filled up the towers.

Y/N was still nowhere to be found..

He noticed Harry Potter also looking uncomfortable as he kept looking around for someone.

Dumbledore started to announce the directions of the task beheld for the champions for the audience and students who were confused.

The old headmaster had started to count down but was interrupted by Filch ringing the loud bell early.

That was their signal.

As Cedric dived into the chilly air, he quickly casted the charm and then he felt the cool, fresh lake water collided with his body.