Home sweet-BRICK?!

Trace: isn't that dangerous? He can't be left alone!

Trace shouts at his father. His voice was filled with worry and anger. He clenched his fists, his tail swung back and forth, and his nose started to crinkle, when he spoke.

Doc: There's nothing we can do! Unless you're volunteering to personally live with Speed.

Trace thinks to himself for a moment. His tail was swinging slower now, He put his paw to his mouth so he could think, he inhales sharply, While he lifts his head in the air and looks his father dead in the eyes.

Trace: I am, dad! I'm Speeds friend and friends stand by each other, no matter what!

Speed and the doctor are speechless, it was like they're mouths were tied shut, they thinking that he would have just stayed quiet, let alone say that.

Speed: Trace...you don't have to...m...my siblings can do that.

Speed's voice was sorrowful, He would have loved it if Trace could stay with him and his family, but he did want Trace to abandon the family he already has.

Doc: What about you're parents, Speed?

Speed looks down avoiding eye contact to Doctor Roberts, he didn't want to talk about his family problems, he never did, especially not with other Pokémon, not even his siblings.

Speed: T-they died before I hatched...

Doc: oh...

Trace: Speed...why didn't you tell me?

Speed: I tried but...I couldn't bring myself to, I feel awful about it whenever I see you, but I know you will just worry about me, especially when you don't need to...

Trace: Speed, I know you didn't always tell people you're feeling but...this...this is something friends don't keep secrets about...

Speed: I know...but If you can f-

Trace runs up and hugs Speed before he could finch his sentence, Trace's eyes were starting to water, and his bottom lips trembled, Speed looks down at Trace, who he was glad to call his friend, and smiles, Speed hugs him back. Doctor Roberts smiles, he looks at his son then at Speed, then he sighs.

Doc: Trace, you are my son and I love you so much...but...I want you to be happy so...if you truly want to you can move in with Speed and his family.

Trace looks at his dad he felt as if he was going to cry again, he takes a step closer to his father then he runs up and hugs him.

Trace: I love you too, dad.

The door opens slightly and Frost walks in he smiles at Trace and Doctor Roberts, he looks at Speed and and nods.

Frost: Well good news you get to be discharged now...but still Trace, I'll walk Speedy home and you go get your stuff. Okay?

Trace: Alright...

Later...

Frost and Speed were walking through a path in the forest. The trees were looming down on them and the sky was bright blue.

Frost: how are you holding up?

Speed: I-I...I don't know...

Frost: understandable.

Speed: It's just hard...I never wanted to be like this I...*sigh*

Frost: It's hard but think about it but could this be for the better?

Speed: huh?