I.

I sit on the train watching the lush, green hills past by through the window. My notebook sits in the lap of my sage green dress. I'm meeting my aunt in Avonlea, a small town on the coast of Nova Scotia. I've heard much about Avonlea, but have never been. 

I arrive to the station, the wind blowing my strawberry-blonde hair behind me. My aunt stands near the exit of the station, looking around. I walk up to her. "Hello! How are you, Aunt Marianne?" I ask her brightly. "Goodness, child, how you've grown!" She exclaims. I smile. "Ready Rosalie?" She asks. "Yep!" I say - but I've never been more nervous in my life.

She has a quaint, little house near the coast, but still near town. "It's beautiful," I gasp, as we walk in. "Thank you Rosalie," She says with a slight smile. She leads me to my room, which looks down upon the beautiful, autumn Forest below. "Thank you," I tell her, and place my bag down. Before she closes the door, she looks back at me. "I'm very happy to see you again," She says kindly. "Me too, Auntie," I reply.

The next morning, I wake up to the noise of birds chirping. "Good morning, Auntie," I tell her cheerfully, and sit at the wooden table. "You have school tomorrow, and luckily, it's everyone's first day of the year. You should have a proper education," Auntie says, still cooking. "Okay...Will I need any books?" I ask. "A chalkboard, chalk, and one book," She recites, as if by memory. "Great!" I say excitedly.

Gilbert's POV:
I need a new chalkboard, since I broke mine, so I head into town on the horse. I arrive to the store, it seems empty at first, but when I enter I see a girl and an older woman. The woman is Marianne, who was close with my father. I only see the girl's back, but she has red hair down to her waist, two strands tied with a white ribbon. "Hello Marianne," I say. They both turn around. "Hello Gilbert!" Marianne says. "This is my niece, Rosalie. Rosalie, this is Gilbert Blythe, I know his father." She says. "Hello," Rosalie says, sticking her hand out. Her eyes are a beautiful green, like the nature around Avonlea. "Hello," I respond, shaking her hand. "Well, don't let us bother you, Gilbert, we'll be on our way," Marianne says. Rosalie looks at me, and gives a small wave. "Bye, Gilbert," She says with a small smile. "Good-bye, Rosalie," I say, and tip my hat as a joke. She laughs.

Rosalie's POV:
We get all of our supplies quickly, and we get back home. "All ready for tomorrow? I'm sure we can get you some more clothes later in the month," Auntie says. "Yes, sounds great!" I say. "May I go outside for a bit?" I ask. She checks the time. "Yes, sure, and then we can have dinner," She says. I grab my notebook and go outside, where the night sky dawns upon me. The sun is setting quickly. I grab my pencil and write.

I follow you down as you paint the sky in your leaving, leaving only ripples of light in our wake.

"Dinner's ready," Marianne calls out. "Coming!" I yell. I pack up the notebook, and go inside.

We eat in silence, the only sound is that of our chewing. It's night now, and the only light comes from the bright moon in the sky. We finish our meal, and it's already time for bed. "Good-night," I call out as I walk up the creaky stairs. I slip my nightdress on, and go to bed.

Hi! Sorry for the short chapter 😖
Well, Rosalie and Gilbert have already met!!! The next chapter will be all about school, and I'm so excited!
Hope y'all enjoyed,
Ema