VI.

I hang out more with the Girls, and a new student – Cole. He is into the arts, and we found some stuff in common. Ruby, Diana, Anne, Cole, and I all have this spot in the woods. Cole's sculptures are also there. Gilbert still sends letters, and he's still in my mind. I open his recent one, and the depression overwhelms me once more.

Dear Rose,

We've sailed to many places, and I've made a new friend – Sebastian, whom I call Bash. After our recent stop, I've decided to become a doctor. I believe it would be great to help people. I still don't know my return date, but I'm so excited to see you again, and Bash may come with me back to Avonlea. I miss you so much.

Gil

I place the letter in a drawer in my desk, which already has many of his letters. Each week, Auntie looks more and more concerned about me.

After a couple weeks, I realize that no more letters seem to be coming, and Gil stops being in my mind as much. The girls, Anne, and I all hang out, and they are very interesting, except for the gossip. Billy Andrews continues to be annoying, which is no surprise, and life in Avonlea becomes a bit better.

Anne, Ruby, Diana, and I gather around a boat near Diana's house. "The lost princess!" Anne exclaims, and we all giggle. "So, who will lay in the boat?" She asks. "Not me!" Ruby says, backing away. "But your hair is blonde like the princess!" Anne whines, and I laugh. "I mean it's your idea Anne, so many you should...?" I say. "Fine..." Anne responds and lies in the boat. As we're about to push her away, Mrs. Barry appears. I stifle a laugh as she marches towards us. "What are you girls doing?" She says. We all laugh, and Mrs. Barry goes back inside.

Cole and I sit in our spot in the woods, he sculpts while I write and sketch. He's sculpting a person, and I'm drawing one of the plants that I got from outside. "Tada!" We both say and laugh. "That's amazing Cole! I say and examine the sculpture. "You should really be an artist," I say. He smiles and looks down at my drawing. "This is great too!" He says. "I'm sure you could do better," I say with a smirk, and he laughs.

It's June, and I walk to school with Anne. We push open the door, and I set down my coat. A group of people seem to be surrounding someone. "New student, probably" I say. Then the group clears and I see him. Gilbert. He stands at one end of the aisle, I'm at the other. My face goes white. "Gilbert," I whisper. "Rose," He says. I stare at him, then run away from the school. 

A/N

Okay why am I lowkey loving this-

SO YEAH THESE CHAPTERS ARE KINDA SHORT- BUT IM STILL VIBING :)

dramaaaa okay well have fun lovelies,

-ema