IX.

Gilbert's POV:

Ms. Stacy is an amazing new teacher, who teaches in a way none of us have seen before. She was able to stay after everyone showed the parents how well she taught. She even agreed to teach me extra, so I could pursue being a doctor. I had learned a lot, but I was still a bit sad. I hadn't seen Rose in about 4 months, and I got rid of all hopes of ever seeing her again.

I wake up to go to school again and grab my bags. I walk through the forest and go to the schoolhouse. Class starts again, and a very interesting one, when the doors open behind me. "Sorry, I just arrived, wasn't much time to get here," A girl's voice says breathlessly. That beautiful melodic voice – Rosalie.

Rosalie's POV:

I arrive to the classroom, where everyone stares at me. Then I see his face – Gilbert. "Rosalie," He whispers softly. "Gil," I say - and we run towards each other, despite everyone watching. He gives me a hug, the ones that I missed so much. "I've missed you," I say looking into his familiar brown eyes. "I've missed you too," He says. That's when I turn to see another familiar face, and my jaw drops. "Ms. Stacy?" I ask. "Rosalie?" She says. "I see trousers haven't arrived yet to Avonlea," I say with a smile. "Not yet," Ms. Stacy says. I sit back at my old seat, where I see Gilbert looking at me.

Class ends, and Gilbert waits for me once again at the door, like how he used to. "I've missed you so much Rosa-," He says as we walk, but I cut him off. I pull him into a kiss, and at that moment nothing else matters in the world.

Gilbert and I sit back at the cliff where we sat on our first date. The waves continue to lap at the cliffs, and Gilbert sits next to me, his hand wrapped around my waist. "I love you Rosalie Cintron," He says. "I love you too Gilbert Blythe, I love you too," I say. And we watch the sun set down on the horizon.