IV.

The next Friday, the snow has almost stopped, since it's late February. After school, I quickly go upstairs and stare at my wardrobe. I finally decide on a light blue and white dress, with puffed sleeves. It is my newest, so no one had seen it yet. I left my hair down, except for two strands that I tied in the back with a blue ribbon. I walked downstairs, where Gilbert sat, waiting. He stared at me. "You look beautiful," Gilbert said, his mouth slightly parted in awe. I blushed. "Thanks, Gil," I said. Auntie stood in the kitchen, looking at me as well. Before we left, she pulled me aside. "You're a great, young lady," She said softly. "Thank you, Auntie," I said, then headed out the door.

Gilbert held my hand and took me to his house. "Just don't judge my cooking," He says with a smirk. "Oh, and my father is here, would you like to meet him?" He asks. "Of course," I say, and squeeze his hand.

His father lies in bed, but still has a slight smile when Gilbert and I come in. "There's my boy, and you must be Rosalie, Gilbert has told me so much about you," His dad says with a smile. "Hi," I say, and give a small wave. "We just wanted to stop in, and I'll bring dinner to you a bit later," Gilbert says, looking at his father. Gilbert brings me downstairs.

"He's sick, as you can see. We have a nurse, but I still worry," He says, his hands rest on table. "I'm sure he'll be fine Gilbert," I say softly. He makes dinner, which turns out pretty well. He washes the dishes, when his father comes downstairs. "Father! What are you doing downstairs?" Gilbert asks, worry on his face. "Oh, don't you worry about me, I just wanted to check up on you guys," His dad says, then coughs. "So, Rosalie, You're Marianne's new kid, right?" His dad asks. "Yep, she's my aunt," I respond. "What happened to your parents?" He asks softly. "Oh, well, um, they were riding in a carriage to Charlottetown, when a storm hit. The carriage overturned, and they didn't make it," I say, looking down. "Oh, I'm sorry," His dad says, then coughs once again. "Food was once again great, Gilbert," His dad says, trying to clear the tension. I smile. "Thanks, Father," Gilbert says. The coughing returns, and Mr. Blythe goes to bed. Gilbert gives me a hug. "I should get you home," He says, and we get on his horse.

My hands wrap aroundhis waist. "Can't we just ride around a bit?" I ask, my head resting on hisback. "Okay, My Rose," He says, and we ride through the Forest until we get tothe coast. The waves lap at the cliffs, and the moon shines brightly. We getoff his horse, and the wind makes my hair snap back. We hold hands and stand onthe cliff. "The moon's beautiful," Gilbert says looking up. "I couldn't agree more,"I reply. "You be the sun, I'll be the moon, just let your light come shiningthrough, and when night comes, just like the moon, I'll shine the light rightback to you" I recite. "That's beautiful," He says. "Thank you, I wrote itonly a couple nights ago," I say and blush. "Shall we get going, it's a bitcold," He asks me, his nose turns a bit red. "Yeah," I say, and he helps me getonto the horse. "This night has been great Gilbert," I say. "I agree, I had a lotof fun with you," He says. We get to the cottage, and he helps me off. "See youat school, Rosy," He says. "See you, Gil," I say, and shut the door.