III.

I walk with Gilbert to and from school every day. Our fingers always brush against each other, but they never intertwine. We walk from school one cold, snowy, winter day. Snow rests upon our noses and hair. I sigh and look at the snow-covered trees. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" I ask him. He nods staring at me. "Y-You're beautiful," He says, his face turning red. I smile. "You think so?" I ask softly. "I've thought so since the moment I saw you," He says, staring at me with those familiar brown eyes. His hand cups my cheek an brings me close to him. I feel his warm breath on my face. He moves snow off my face and kisses me. Despite the cold, I feel like it's summer. The snow spins around us, and I could stay like this forever. He pulls off. "My dear Rose, Will you be my girlfriend?" He asks me, his hand still cups my cheek. "I- I- Yes! Of course!" I say, and he lifts me off my feet and twirls me around. When he sets me down, he kisses my forehead, and his hand intertwines with my own.

I walk into the house with a large smile on my face. "Hello Auntie! Beautiful day isn't it?" I exclaim. She looks at the snow outside and eyes me. "What's going on Rosalie?" She asks, raising an eyebrow. I giggle. "Well, um, Gilbert kissed me," I say, barely containing my excitement. "Oh my! Oh, I'm so happy for you, Gilbert is such a sweet boy," She gushes. "Earlier, he came up here to ask for my permission," She says. "Really?" I say. She nods and smiles. I smile back. I run up to my room and place down my books. I eat dinner with the biggest smile on my face, as I think about Gilbert. I had liked him for a bit, but I didn't know if he felt the same way.

Gilbert's POV:

I thought about yesterday as I headed toward Rose's house. I knocked twice on their door, and I heard her voice yelling from inside. She opened the door, out of breath. "Hi," I say, looking at her face. "Hi," She says, and grabs my hand. "Bye Auntie!" She calls out and shuts the door. We walk towards the school through the forest. Our hands swing, and I keep looking at her, wondering how lucky I am.

Rosalie's POV:

We get to the school, our hands still intertwined. We walk inside, and he takes of my coat for me, and places it. We go to sit to our seats. "I saw that," Anne says in a sing-song voice. "W-what?" I stutter. "You and Blythe!" She says. I smile. I look around to see if anyone's listening. "Well, He kissed me yesterday," I say, grinning. "No way!" She says. "So, did he ask you to be his girlfriend?" She asks, her head resting on her hand. "Yep!" I say, still grinning. She claps her hands. "I'm so happy for you, I've seen the way he looks at you." She says, her eyes sparkling.

At lunch, Gilbert and I sit at our tree, his hand resting upon my own. We joke and eat, and our hand still touch as we enter back into the schoolhouse. Josie stares at us, and whispers to Ruby who gasps at us. I gulp, trying to ignore them. "Are you okay?" Gilbert asks. "Yeah," I say, looking over to the girls who are all whispering. I sit back down, and class continues.

After class, Ruby Gillis comes up to me. "Hello, Ruby," I say kindly. "Um, Hello, Rosalie," She says nervously. "I- I just wanted to apologize for how we've been treating you, I- um, was really jealous," She says, looking down. "That's alright," I say, and smile. "I hope we can all be friends now," I add, looking at her. "Yeah, that would be great," She says, now smiling at me. I meet all the girls, Tilly, Josie, and Jane. Josie still glares at me, but Jane and Tilly are very sweet.

As Gilbert and I walk home, I walk a few steps behind and make a snowball. I throw it at his back and smirk. "Hey!" He says grinning. He throws a snowball back at me. We both continue throwing, and collapse on the ground. My head rests on his shoulder. "I love you," He says, staring at the sky. "I love you too Gilbert Blythe," I say. He walks me back to the cottage, but before I open the door he stops me. "I was wondering if you wanted to come over and have dinner this Friday," He says. I smirk. "Are you asking me on a date Blythe?" I say. He smiles. "I'd love to, Gil," I say. "See you then, My dear Rose," He says, and I laugh. "See you then," I reply. 

YALL THIS WAS SO CRINGY LMAO IM SORRY-

:)