VII.

I run from the school, I run from everything. After spending time to get rid of him, he's back. I sit on a tree stump and sigh, my head in my hands. I then continue running back home. "Rosalie! Why aren't you in school?" Auntie says, shocked. "Gilbert's back," I say breathlessly. She shakes her head. "I knew this would happen... he would ruin you again..." She mutters. "We will be moving soon, Rosalie," Auntie says. "W-What? Why?" I ask, my eyes again filling with tears. "The saddest part of my life was seeing you like this when Gilbert left- And I don't want him breaking you again. I think it's best if we leave," Auntie says, her eyes staring into mine. My mouth drops a bit. "When?" I ask. "As soon as possible, The day after tomorrow perhaps," She says softly. "Okay," I say. I don't go to school for the the next two days, instead I pack. I pack my clothes into one suitcase, and my emotions into another. 

Anne's POV:

I hear knocking at the door, and Marilla lets me stand there. "Oh my! Rosy where have you been?" I ask. A tear streams down her face. "We're moving, tomorrow," She says, and we hug. "I wanted to say good-bye, and to ask you a favor," She says, pulling out something from her pocket. "Give this to Gilbert please," She says, and then heads back towards the door. "Thank you Anne for welcoming me into Avonlea, and for being my friend," She says kindly, then shuts the door. "She seems like such a sweet girl," Marilla says, wiping her hands on her apron. "She is," I say.

Gilbert's POV:

I miss Rosy. I don't know why she ran away a few days ago, but I continue going to school in hopes of seeing her. Anne walks towards me carrying a small piece of paper. "Rose told me to give you this," She says, and hands me the slip of paper. I open it.

"I say good-bye my love, A good-bye to which my heart refuses, and for which my soul believes not to exist,"

I look back at Anne. "She's leaving?" I ask. "Yes, today, she's probably waiting for her train," Anne says. Now, it's my turn to run.

I get the horse and gostraight for Charlottetown. The world blurs by me as my only goal is to seeher. I arrive at the station as the horn blows. I see her by an open window,her red hair tied back. I run alongside the train. "Rose!" I yell, "Rose!" Iyell louder. She looks out the window. "Gilbert!" She says, shocked. I runfaster alongside the train. "Please don't go!" I plead, looking at the familiargreen eyes of hers. "I must, I love you Gilbert! I love you!" She yells, as thetrain picks up speed and she is out of my sight. "I love you more RosalieCintron," I whisper, and watch the train until it is only a dot upon thehorizon.