Chapter 14: Panther

That was a really good day, I miss him. I See I'm really close to the house so I wipe the tears I didn't know I was crying, I pull into the driveway, I go up to the door and knock. I wait... And wait... and wait. I look at the driveway, No cars, "No one lives there." I hear from behind me, I look and see an old man "Can I go in?" I ask, trying not to sound rude, "I guess, No one will ever buy this house." I nod knowing the reason, I open the door and go in. It's dark, with all the curtains drawn, I try to turn on the lights, no good. I get my phone and turn on the flashlight, It's dusty, I walk around the first room. It's carpeted, nothing in there besides a creepy looking toolbox. I go into the next room, It looks like what should be the kitchen, Suddenly I hear a loud crash in the basement. I look around for an entrance to the basement. There were some stairs in the kitchen. I go down slowly Another loud crash, I thought of running away, I was scared, then I thought of the chance of Eijiro being there and I ran down, I pointed my phone in every direction until it landed on the culprit of the sound, "A Fucking cat?" I say wondering aloud, It was a Black cat, The bright yellow eyes shining in the light, I keel down to the cat and held out my hand "I thought you were Eijiro." I say start petting him, He looks like a non-threatening panther, "you're cute, but I have to keep searching the house." I say getting up, the cat got up to. I went up the stairs, They followed, We searched the whole house together. It took a really long time, I got to the front door and turned to the cat "Do you have an owner? Why are you here? And why are you following me?" The cat sat down, I looked at the cat, no collar. "I guess if you want to stay with me I'll give you a name." I thought for a second, And remembered a thing I said earlier, "Your name is Panther." He perked up at the name, I smiled. I jumped in the car and Panther followed. I guess it's off to the next spot... His childhood home, I doubt Kersten would be stupid enough to go to an obvious spot. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to check it out." I mumble to myself, Panther meowed in response "Eijiro is going to like you." I say putting my seat belt on.

This chapter goes out to my dead cat, Panther, Miss you buddy.

words 466

(.////.)