Wonder (g.w)

Summary: Your best friends are Fred and George Weasley and you just happen to have a crush on George but are fully convinced he doesn't feel the same way.

Reader's House: not said

Warnings: none! just fluff and the twins being the twins hehe

A/N: I was listening to Wonder by Shawn Mendes and came up with this and I absolutely adore it! also i imagined this taking place during the OOTP era because it's right before the twins actually start their shop but they're still in school and are trying out some products! if you enjoy my writing please consider buying me a coffee! the link to my kofi is on my profile!

Word Count: 1,345

As you walked down the halls you held your books and wand to your chest, not really making eye contact with anyone you passed

As you walked down the halls you held your books and wand to your chest, not really making eye contact with anyone you passed. All of a sudden you felt two taller bodies stand at your sides, trapping you in between them. Looking up, a blush made its way onto your cheeks as you saw your two best friends, one being your longtime crush, Fred and George Weasley.

"Hi Fred." You said with a grin, looking at the slightly shorter twin. "H-hi George..." you said, stuttering a little as you looked up at your crush.

"Hello Y/N." Both of them said at the same time.

George grabbed your hand, making your cheeks heat up even more, and pulled you over to a nearby bench in the hallway. George sat you down and the two of them sat on either side of you.

"We have a proposition for you dear Y/N. Would you be willing to try out a new candy for us for our Skiving Snack Boxes? In turn, you can have whatever you want from Honeydukes. George and I will pay for it the next time we go to Hogsmeade." Fred said with a smirk.

You raised an eyebrow at his words, knowing what kind of stuff they made, especially for the snack boxes.

"What kind of candy? I know how you two are with your products, I don't wanna end floating to the ceiling."

George chuckled and you looked at him, a small smile on your face.

"Well my dear, I can promise you won't be floating to the ceiling. The effects of this candy aren't bad at all and wear off in less than 30 seconds. So what do you say? I'll get you all the chocolate frogs you want, I know how much you love those." George said, poking you in the side a bit in a teasing manner.

You let out a small laugh at his words. He was right, you did adore chocolate frogs. And George wouldn't lie to you, right? It couldn't be that bad, could it?

With a sigh, you looked between the two boys before speaking.

"Fine. Deal." you mumbled, hoping you wouldn't regret your decision.

The boys cheered and high fived each other, making you roll your eyes.

George reached into his pocket, pulling out a square-shaped candy in a sparkly wrapper. You hesitantly took it from him and twisted open the paper, revealing a small piece of chocolate. Taking a small sniff of the candy it smelt normal but you knew it wasn't, nothing ever was with the twins.

With a deep breath, you popped the chocolate into your mouth and chewed. To be honest it actually tasted pretty good. It was sweet and had small hints of cherry. Swallowing the candy you wondered when it would take effect.

Suddenly you turned to George, pure adoration in your eyes. His eyebrows raised as he awaited your response.

"Right before I close my eyes, the only thing that's on my mind, been dreaming that you feel it too. I wonder what it's like to be loved by you." You said softly, no control in the words that came out of your mouth.

As George's eyes widened you finally realized what you had said. Your cheeks turned a deep shade of red and you covered your face with your hands, avoiding your crush's gaze.

Standing up you continued to avoid either of the twin's eyes, grabbing your things and beginning to rush off. You didn't get very far before a hand grabbed your wrist and spun you around. A pair of lips connected with yours and your eyes widened before fluttering closed. Your books fell to the floor and your hands came up to rest against the person's chest. An arm slipped around your waist, pulling you closer to the person. A hand went up your arm before stopping at the side of your face. Their hand was soft although the fingertips were slightly calloused, most likely from quidditch. As quickly as it started the kiss ended and the two of you separated. Opening your eyes you met George's brown eyes. Your breath hitched as you realized your crush had just kissed you. The hand around your waist moved to take one of your hands while the one on your face stayed in place and his thumb began to caress your cheek. His face was still inches from yours, so close that you could feel his breath against your lips.

"No need to wonder love..." He whispered, a toothy smile making its way onto his face. "I've loved you for years, darling." He hummed.

With his words, you began to smile too. You let out a small squeal of happiness before throwing your arms around his neck, standing on your tiptoes. George let out a chuckle, wrapping his arms tightly around your waist and picking you up slightly, making your feet come up from the ground. A giggle left your lips as George spun you around, your face coming to rest in the crook of his neck.

When George finally set you down, you smiled happily up at him. He leaned down, his lips pressing against the crown of your head.

You heard someone start clapping and the two of you turned, George's hand resting on your hip, to see Fred with a grin on his face.

"Way to go you two, it took you long enough!" He said with a laugh, making you roll your eyes.

George shook his head at his brother, a smile evident on his face. Turning to look at you, the hand not wrapped around you came to your chin, lifting your head up to look at him.

"So the candy worked hm?" He asked, a smirk appearing on his lips.

"Wait, what was even in the candy?" you asked, a bit confused about how it made you spill your biggest secret.

"Veritaserum. Truth serum." Fred said, walking over to the two of you and patting you both on the back.

"Georgie here was convinced you didn't like him back. But I knew you did, of course, I am the smarter one after all." He said with a proud look on his face.

George rolled his eyes, smacking his twin on the back of the head lightly, Fred laughing and trying to dodge his hand.

"So I did what any amazing brother would do. I created what I think I'm going to call Sincerity Spoonfuls." Fred said, feeling rather proud of himself that he had gotten the two together at last. "George still didn't think you would spill the beans on your crush, so we had a bet. And Georgie? I believe you owe me one sickle." Fred said, holding his hand out.

With a sigh, George reached into the pocket of his slacks once more, pulling out a sickle and placing it in his brother's open palm. Fred cheered making George grumble under his breath, saying something about getting his money back.

"Now, I do believe we owe you somethings from Honeydukes?" George said, turning to look at you with a soft smile.

"Why yes, you do. When shall we go?" You asked, mirroring his smile.

"Why not now? You don't have any more classes for the day correct?"

You shook your head and both of the twins grinned.

"Well, let's go then!" Fred said, grabbing your books from the floor and slipping them into his bag so you wouldn't have to carry them.

You smiled and felt George squeeze your hand. Looking up at him, he had the same look of love in his eyes that you did when you had confessed earlier. Leaning down he pressed another kiss to your lips, smiling into the kiss. You couldn't help but smile too.

You never would have thought that the George Weasley would be kissing you, or like you back in the first place. But here the two of you were, wrapped up in each other's arms as you kissed in the middle of the crowded Hogwarts hallway.