Safe And Sound (f.w)

Summary: Fred Weasley always swore he'd protect you. That he'd never let anyone hurt you. But what happens when something actually does happen to you?

Reader's House: not said

Warnings: some angst but mostly fluff! mentions of blood, cursing, protective Fred!!

A/N: i was listening to my Fred playlist, as i do 24/7, and Safe And Sound by Christian Leave came on and i had to write this!! hope you all like it! if you enjoy my writing please consider buying me a coffee! the link to kofi is on my profile! 

Word Count: 1,681

Fred watched as you laughed and talked happily with your friends, a smile making its way onto his face

Fred watched as you laughed and talked happily with your friends, a smile making its way onto his face. With all that was going on, your happiness was something that was cherished by him. The community was on the brink of another wizarding war and everyone was on edge. People were scared and pure happiness was hard to come by.

But here you were shining in the darkness like a light at the end of a tunnel. That's what you were for Fred at least.

And Fred never wanted to see that happiness leave. It was one of the only things giving him the strength to go on. He'd do anything and absolutely everything in his power to protect you and keep you safe.

When the twins made their big getaway from Hogwarts, you were right there with them. You had sat on the back of Fred's broom as he and George threw fireworks throughout the Great Hall. Even though your parents had tried to convince you otherwise you had to leave with him, you had promised you would never leave his side. And you weren't one to break a promise.

So here you were, bundled up in one of Fred's sweaters and one of his hats, talking to some of your friends who were still at the school. Fred had gotten lost in thought as you talked, his eyes beginning to drift away from you. But once the sound of screams filled the air, his eyes were right back on you. Well, where you had once stood. You were nowhere to be seen, the spot you stood now filled with people running.

Fred felt his heartbeat quicken as his eyes scan the area, trying to find his beloved girlfriend.

"Y/N!" He called out, his hands cupping his mouth.

"Fuck..." He muttered under his breath when he didn't hear you in response.

Glancing in the direction of where the people were running from, he saw a terrifying sight. Death Eaters. A whole group of them. This of course wasn't the first Death Eater attack to happen. There had actually been a few recently. Which meant Fred was already on edge about your safety, you being muggle-born and all. But now he couldn't find you. You weren't by his side like you had been during the other attacks. Fred had no idea where you were or what you were doing.

And that fucking terrified him.

"Y/N!" He yelled once more, louder this time. He ran with everyone else, pushing past them as he looked for you.