Chapter 3: Officials and a North Poles meeting

In mid-January 2022, one month after her first operation, Peyton had time to write articles making her the most followed journalist in USA Today, especially by her mentor Perry Brassel. Her articles were very popular back in the States and even in the world. This month, however, Peyton was now accompanying the Polish contingent of the Coalition. Moreover, Peyton has been allowed to wear her South Sudan outfit by the different contingent commanders and LtGen Rollins, even on outside the wire missions.

Moreover, today was a special day called the Visitor Day, meaning numerous political officials would debate whether they will allow the UN to extend its mandate or not, as well as if the Coalition forces would keep withdrawing or not. Peyton was nervous, as the Coalition troops' operations were her main media interest.

But for now, she had to accompany a Polish squad tasked with security patrols. Peyton and the Polish soldiers were walking after disembarking a truck ten kilometers away. The group had been walking for twenty kilometers when they stopped at a palace-looking building. The Polish Warrant Officer, dubbed Ludwik, then gave instructions to everyone.

"360 security. Watch your sectors."

"Are we to be watchful out there cause of the snipers?" Peyton asked.

"You got it right. Even if there's no more internal trouble, we must remain focused." the Ludwik said.

With that said, Peyton set herself in the middle of the center and turned her laptop on, right before typing her article on Word. Just then, Ludwik let out his radio.

"Red Crown, we're set. 360 security, over." he reported to his command.

"Got it. You have 4,585 fellow guys to help you, over." Red Crown post said.

"Red Crown, this is Pappy 2-6. Tell local cops to be focused, over." the Ludwik told.

"Got it. Out." Red Crown reported.

After the reply from Red Crown, the Polish soldiers began their careful watch, as they knew something big was happening. While the soldiers were standing guard with Peyton typing her article, they all saw police vehicles escorting official ones, prompting Peyton to stand up and put her laptop on the bench to snap pictures of the event. Among the guests, she recognized the French President, the British Prime Minister, the German Chancellor, the Canadian Prime Minister, the Canadian Prime Minister, the Japanese Prime Minister, the Jordanian Prime Minister, the Italian Prime Minister, the Israeli Prime Minister, the Slovenian Prime Minister, the Finnish Prime Minister, the Danish Prime Minister, the Norwegian Prime Minister, the Irish Prime Minister, the Prime Minister of New Zealand, the Australian Prime Minister, the South Korean President, the Prime Minister of Singapore, the Dutch Prime Minister, the South African President, the Prime Minister of Croatia, the Fijian Prime Minister, the Greek Prime Minister, the Polish Premier and Vice-President Kamala Harris among others.

The guests all headed with their bodyguards into the guest hall before Peyton and the Polish squad came in with Peyton snapping pictures every time she could. If some politicians were indifferent about Peyton taking pictures of them, others like Prime Minister Justin Trudeau or VPOTUS Kamala Harris were happy that Peyton snapped pictures of them, even if the young woman had a Ragun PR-15 pistol in her holster for self-defense.

Peyton then linked up with the Polish squad, when they suddenly saw King Richard, King Tai, Queen Ming and Queen Amber arriving in the lobby to welcome their guests. Peyton snapped some picture before the Polish squad and her left the place, as it was being swarmed by journalists from all over the world.

Peyton and the Polish soldiers just barely managed to get beyond the police security cordon, where they set their new checkpoint, as the orders had imposed them to do. Like them, 4,585 fellow Coalition troops had set up mobile checkpoints to help the police and UN patrols. Indeed, a half of the UN forces were in the buffer zone and the seconnd half helping the police while the local militaries were tasked with helping the UN forces in the buffer zone.