Chapter 10: Albanians In Concert

At mid-August 2022, Peyton accompanied the Albanian soldiers of the Coalition. Peyton and the Albanian soldiers prepared their gear and weapons for a very particular patrol. Their patrol was going to last for fifteen days and would consist mainly of acting as sharpshooters for local police, whose special units didn't have any qualified sharpshooter, despite training some with the help of the local military units.

The real reason was because there was going to be a string of concerts planned for a duration of fifteen days in the capital, with thousands of persons expected. A first attack had been foiled one month earlier by the Latvian troops, but the Coalition forces had to be careful, as they knew terrorists never told when or where they would strike. Hence the Albanian contingent being involved in that operation. Peyton accompanied the Albanian soldiers, who would act as snipers from the rooftops.

Peyton and the Albanian soldiers she would accompany were briefed alongside the rest of the Albanian contingent, as they were all involved in the operation. The briefing officer then came in the room alongside the Albanian Lieutenant Colonel.

"Alright everybody. Here's the mission. It's going to last fifteen days, so we better be fully prepared with the helicopters bringing us our supply once you're all in position. Our mission consists of securing the central town square of the capital city. There's going to be a string of concerts taking place there, so the whole Albanian contingent is involved. The local authorities requested for 18,000 armed cops and 25,000 security guards. Unfortunately, there will be only 24,600 guards and 18,000 armed cops.

Now, let's get to the terrain. Our AO consists of urbanized terrain. The central town square is surrounded by a seven-story Haussmann building at the West, a shopping mall at the South, a museum at the East and a statue at the North. You guys will sit on the rooftops of the shopping mall, the Haussmann building and the museum while the local cops and security guards perform the ground patrol.

The location will be crowding with civilians, so watch for any suspicious behavior. Remember, any gunman must be caught alive, they're no use to us dead. Red Crown wants us to take as many prisoners as possible. As for the forces, You will all provide sniper support and overwatch for local cops. Any question?" the Albanian commander told.

Seeing no one was going to ask anything, the briefing officer dismissed everyone. This prompted Peyton and the Albanian soldiers to take their equipment and weapons before heading to their helicopters, which would take them to their target area. They were all transported by USMC CH-53K King Stallion helicopters with AH-1Z Viper gunships as escort.

Peyton and the Albanian soldiers roped on the rooftop from the USMC helicopters before these flew back to Miroslav Standera Airfield. Once on the rooftop of the shopping mall, Peyton and other Albanian soldiers set sniping position, as did the soldiers on the rooftop of the museum and those on the Haussmann building.

The troops arrived in the nick of time, as the town square was now crowded, with the exception of a deserted stage set in front of the shopping mall. Peyton and the Albanians with her could see the spotlights were turned towards the front door of the shopping mall.

Peyton saw half of the Albanian soldiers looking for targets with binoculars while others scanned the surroundings and the civilians with their riflescope. The Albanian soldiers indeed had an ACOG scope on their M4A1 carbine, with some fitted with a M203 launcher, while others had a SAKO TRG-42 rifle. Peyton herself had an EoTech holographic sight on her M4A1 carbine.

As the soldiers scanned the crowd and surrounding buildings, they heard US Army CH-47F Chinook and Chinook HC Mk4 helicopters coming. Once the helicopters were hovering over the soldiers, they dropped them fifteen days worth of supplies, including food, water, ammunition and medicine. Once the supplies were dropped, the helicopters flew back to base, leaving the soldiers on their own.