Sixteen

Emerald's POV

It's finally the day our daughter turns two now. We are happy for her. She doesn't know what birthdays are but she's excited for the day too. I told Damien to call his father. I don't know what would I do if his mother would come.

Antonio came yesterday and stayed at his mansion. He said he would be here on time for birthday. I know he's a bit nervous to meet his niece for the first time but he won't say it.

Brody is doing very well with his girl. I haven't seen her but I already like her by the way Brody smiles when I ask him about her.

"MoMA...?" I heard my daughter calling me. I turned and saw her on the couch with a picture book in her hand.

"Yes baby?" I asked.

"Play?" She asked showing me the book. I smiled and picked her up. I came in the kitchen and put her on the island.

"Don't move from here, okay? Momma has work to do but she can also play with you. If you come here, you will get a boo boo. So we will play from a distance, okay?" She nodded and started telling me the animal name's while pointing to the pictures as I prepared for dinner.

A few minutes later, I felt two muscular arms wrapping on my waist.

"Dada!" Kia yelled.

"Hey there birthday girl." Damien picked her up and kissed my cheek before leaving.

"Dami! Can you feed her for me?" I asked him.

"Sure!" He yelled from the living room. I heard his footsteps. Before I knew, I was turned and trapped between Damien's hands.

"What are you doing?" I smiled, cheekily.

"I was wondering....I didn't get my morning kiss, considering the fact that my girlfriend sneaked out of the bed early this morning." He grinned boyishly.

"Well, she must be having many more important stuff to do then." I pointed.

"What is more important than kissing her boyfriend in the morning?" He asked.

"Preparing for her daughter's birthday." I said and smirked.

"Touche." We chuckled. He leaned down to my lips to kiss me but I stopped him.

"Stop, Dami. I am busy right now. Plus, Kiara can see. You know how she gets when she sees you kissing me." I said and turned. He put his hand on my shoulder and turned me back.

"Come on, a kiss wouldn't hurt." He said we leaned in. Just when our lips were a inch apart....

"Dada!" We pulled back. "No eat my MoMA!" She yelled at him. He sighed and chuckled. She stomped to him and grabbed his hand. "Play." She dragged him away. Dami overdramatically, longingly looked at me. I giggled and blew him a kiss before going back to my cooking.

••••

The doorbell rang.

"Dami! Take that please." I said as I was setting the table. I heard Brody's call.

"Hey dude! How have you been?"

"Good. Come in." Said Dami.

"Bobo!" Kia yelled.

"Hey, birthday girl." I heard him say.

Dami came in the kitchen with cake in his hands.

"Brody saw the delivery guy on his way. He paid him and brought the cake. He also brought her." Just then a black haired girl came in. She looked quite familiar I may say.