Eighteen

Damien's POV

I woke up the doorbell. When I looked beside me, I saw Emerald still sleeping. The doorbell rang again. I groaned and got out of the bed, wearing my sweatpants from the closet. I went down, closing the door behind me.

I opened the door. There stood a stiff man, wearing black suit and black round sunglasses. I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Chiami la signora Romano, per favore. " He said and I didn't get a single word.

"What?" I asked in confusion. He sighed and made a call and gave the phone to me. "Hello?"

"Damien, wake Emerald up and send her with the guy in front of you." It was Antonio.

"What? Why?"

"Do as I say." He hung up. I awkwardly went upstairs and woke her up.

"Emerald, wake up." She opened her eyes.

"Good morning." She smiled.

"Morning. Wear some clothes and come down quick." I said and left her to change. She came down wearing a tank top and shorts. When she looked at the man in front of her, her eyes widened.

"Cosa stai facendo qui?" She said to him.

"Tuo padre ha richiesto la sua presenza, signora Romano. Proprio adesso." The man said to her.

"Il mio vestito?" She asked and he handed her a suit.

"Qui." He said as she took it.

"Thank you, I'll be right back." She said and went upstairs. I followed behind her.

"What is happening, Emerald?" I asked her. She rolled her eyes as she wore the suit.

"My father is what is happening. He came from Italy, uninformed. I have to go and tell him about the progress my company has made." She said and I watched her wearing clothes.

"Your company? You never told me you had a company." I accused her.

"That's because I never look after it. Antonio handles it. All I do is see the progress and rant it to my father." She said as she took a watch and wore it.

"But still, you should have told me." I say.

"I know, Damien. But I was going to make that company officially Antonio's. That's why I didn't tell you." She said and her phone rang. She spoke in a professional voice and was looking very hot in that suit, by the way.

She cut the call but it rang again.

"On my way, Tony." She put it on speaker phone as she sat down to wear shoes.

"There's a bit change in plan. Papa wants you to bring your lover boy with you." He said and she looked at me.

"Why?"

"I don't know. I just kinda spilled everything on him." This angered her.

"But I can't. There are children at home. Arthur stayed last night too." She said.

"Then drop that boy at his house and bring Kiara along with you. Don't you think it's time to tell everyone the truth?" He said. She switched the speaker off.

"You were on speaker! Anyways, I'll see what I can do and come. Tell him I'll be a bit late." She said and hung.

"What truth?" I asked with a cold expression.

"Nothing, Damien. You know how Tony is. He speaks some things that he don't even mean." She shrugged and chuckled nervously. I just stared at her giving her the look that says “you can't lie anymore”. She sighed. "We will talk when we come back."

I nodded. "I'll send a driver to drop Arthur home when he wakes up." She nodded and tied her hair in a ponytail.

Emerald's POV

Greg, Damien's driver, dropped Arthur at his home. I got Kiara ready in the meanwhile. Damien made breakfast for us. I sent Joel home after he had given me my suit. I told him I would be late and will come on my own.

Damien's a bit angry on me for the thing that happened earlier. I know I have to tell him soon than later but soon doesn't mean now, right?

After all were done, we sat in the car and I gave him directions as he drove. Kiara was asleep in the backseat and I'm thankful for it.

We reached the building. I told him to park behind the building as we would go through the back door because of Kiara. I don't want her to be seen by any of the employees.

Damien took her and I showed my card to the guard. He opened the door for me and we went in the elevator.

"So, why does your father wants to meet me exactly?" He asked. I smiled.

"So now you're talking to me?" He rolled his eyes.

"You're my only option here. This place is filled with Italians everywhere." He said.

"You have problems with Italians?" I eyed him.

"Kind of. Yes." He grinned, boyishly.

"Looks like you have a problem with your girlfriend too then." I looked away from him. I could still see him rolling eyes.

"You still didn't answer the question." He said.

"What is your problem with Italians?" I asked, changing the topic.

"They speak Italian. Duh. And I don't understand it." He shrugged.

"Maybe then, you should have chosen Italian instead of French." I said.

"Who knew my girlfriend would be from Italy back than?" He sighed dramatically, making me giggle. "What exactly does you company do?" He asked.

"Transport. We get orders from our clients for cars, buses, yatches, helicopters and planes on rent. Sometimes, the models which are not in use anymore are remodified in our company and sold in market." I tell him.

"Cool." He said.

"Yeah. My mother opened this company with only ten cars and four buses. She had a passion for vehicles." I tell him.

The door opened with a ding and we got out of it. The sound made Kiara wake up too. She looked around and then at us. Didn't say anything, looks like someone's in a bad mood.

Damien put her down, holding her hand as she walked. I showed them to the room we were supposed to meet.

I knocked and heard my dad's come in.

He was sitting on the middle leather chair while Antonio was sitting on the second chair, next to him.

Seeing me coming in, he sent everyone else out. I sighed.

"Papà, this is Damien Knight, my boyfriend. Damien, that's my father, Alessandro Romano."