Twenty

Damien's POV

"Get a room you two." I heard Antonio saying in a mocking tone. We pulled back and chuckled. I smiled sadly at Emerald and sat her on a chair.

"Where's Kiara?" I asked.

"Oh. She's teaching her Nonno animal's names and both of them are eating ice creams. Do you want some too?" He asked.

"Thanks." I said.

"Your welcome, but, I still don't like you." He said in a warning tone. Emerald chuckled at him and rolled her eyes.

"Sure you don't." She said, sarcastically. He rolled his eyes and left us alone. Alessandro came in with Kiara who's face was now covered in ice cream. She ran to Emerald and she wiped her face with some tissues. Kia then sat on the table and banged it.

"I guess you know everything now?" He asked me and I nodded. "So you know that Emerald is not safe with you. It's for best if you both get separat—"

"Why didn't you file a police report if you knew everything was done by my mom and Aiden?" I asked, cutting him off.

"Well, first, police would have caught our work which was illegal. Second, Emerald didn't want to file a report against your mother and third, we didn't have any statement and solid proof against her." He said. I nodded.

"We are not getting separate. I'll do anything for Emerald to be safe but we are not breaking up." I said, leaving no room for discussion. "Emerald, let's go home." I got up and so did she. Just as we were about to open the door, a man came running in, bumping in Emerald.

"Sorry Ms Romano. Boss, Aiden has confessed everything when we threatened him with his sister." He said. A grin spread on Alessandro's face.

"Guess, no one has to break up now."

••••

The house was full of gift wraps. We opened gifts. Brody and Chloe gifted a set of colouring books and crayons with a few stuff toys. Antonio had gifted a huge dollhouse. Charlotte and Jacob gifted a few stuff animals. We found out that Arthur had separately gifted Kiara a walkie talkie set with a binoculars for them to play together.

Nerve of that boy.

I know Emerald says he's just three but he talks and understands things quite clearly.

"Dada!" Kiara squealed, looking at the huge dinosaur stuff toy. I smiled at her. Emerald came with a bowl and spoon in her hand to feed her.

"Come here, sweetie. Let's feed that tummy now." She said. Kiara shook her head.

"No! I play!" She clutched the toy to her chest, tightly.

"If you don't eat right now, I won't take you to Arthur." Emerald threatened. This made her leave the toy and sit in front of Emerald. I chuckled.

"I'm not the only one who threatens her." I stated. She grinned mischievously as she fed her. "So.....?" I dragged.

"So?" She asked.

"I was thinking....if....you wanna go on a date with me? Like a proper date. Just two of us?" I asked, unsure of her answer. She giggled.

"You know, you said the exact words when you asked me on a date for the first time." She stated with a smile.

"Yes. And the very next day, you found Kelly kissing me and you beat her to death. I remember." I said with a huge grin.

It was true. I was a kinda Playboy back then when I was young. I had too many flings. Kelly was one of them and she had an obsession over me. When Emerald found her kissing me in the laboratory, I thought she would leave without hearing my explanation. But instead, she pushed her off of me and punched her jaw and nose, making it break.

"She was touching what was mine. She had it coming." She shrugged with a proud smile.

"You still didn't answer my question." I reminded her.

"I don't know. What about Kiara?"

"Brody and Chloe want Kiara for a day. He said she wanted to try some kind of life with a baby with him." I smiled. "I'm still waiting for my answer....."

"Okay." She smiled and I smirked, coming to kiss her. Just then, a small palm slapped my lips, lightly.

"No eat MoMA!" Kia said in anger and Emerald giggled.

"Never in my whole life I would have thought my own child will stop me from kissing my own girlfriend." I stated in disbelief. Emerald laughed out loud and Kia copied her. "Anyways, we go this Sunday, okay?" She nodded. I kissed her forehead while Kiara was busy chewing her food. "I love you." I got up and left to do the office work.

••••

"Dami! Dinner's ready!" Emerald yelled from the downstairs. I snapped out of my little nap and yawned. I don't realize when I slept. I was sleeping over my close laptop with papers scattered everywhere.

"Coming!" I yelled back as I arranged all the paperwork and came down.

I saw her sitting Kiara in her chair.

"Dada go." She said and I looked at her in confusion.

"Dada came, honey." Emerald corrected her. "But, let's eat first." I sat, giving a kiss on Emerald's cheek. She smiled and we had our dinner.

After dinner, we watched some kid's program on TV with Kiara, while cuddling together. She slept in middle of the program so we put her to bed. Later, we went to the bed too.

••••

The next day when I woke up, I had to go to the office. Emerald prepared breakfast for me while Kiara was asleep. She tied my tie and helped me getting ready. I never left a chance of kissing her. She would smile shyly and giggle.

I kissed Kiara on head before leaving and kissed Emerald ‘bye’.

At office, everyone greeted me saying ‘good morning boss’ or ‘welcome back, sir’. I nodded at them.

I paid off to Philip and thanked him for his help so far. Brody was thankful that now he can spend time with his girlfriend.

And finally, everything was going back to normal.