Twenty-Two

Damien's POV

"What happened?" Emerald asks. All of their eyes snap to us.

"You're back! Thank God!" Chloe said in relief.

"Emery! You don't know how happy I'm to see you right now!" Brody said.

"Mama! Dada!" Kiara said while crying. She stood up with the dinosaur stuff toy clutched to her side and walked to us.

"I repeat, what happened?" Emerald said. Brody and Chloe looked at each other before Chloe spoke up.

"We thought watching a movie would put her to sleep so we put on The Lion King. In the middle of the movie when Mufasa died, she started to cry and won't stop." She tells us. We look at each other and sighed.

"We are sorry, Damien and Emerald." Brody said. Emerald smiled at him and shook her head.

"Don't be. It's not your fault that she loves animals way too much." She chuckled with them. I picked Kiara up when she reached me and grabbed my pants. I wiped her tears and kissed her cheeks.

"Thank you for the day, both of you." I thank them. They both nodded.

"Did you guys enjoy?" Chloe asked Emerald in a chirpy voice. Emerald giggled and nodded.

"A lot. But, we should go now. Thanks again." She then turned to Kiara and smiled at her. "Baby, say bye to Bobo and aunt Chloe." And she waved at them.

••••

"Don't cry, baby. It's over now." Emerald soothes Kiara as we come in the house.

"Mumu go." She cried again.

"No. Mumu didn't go. He's just waiting for you to grow up and then you can meet him." Emerald said to her.

"No. You lie." She said looking at her Mama. Emerald looks at me with eyes widened. How the hell does she know what a ‘lie’ is?

"No, baby. Mama doesn't lie. Mumu will come back. Stop crying." She tells her. Kia shook her head and still cried. I took her from her arms and nodded at her.

"You go and get changed. I'll look after her till then." I tell her.

"Are you sure?" She asked. I nodded. She kissed my lips and said a small thank you before leaving. I looked at Kiara.

"You eat my Mama." She stated in an accusing tone. I chuckled.

"It's not always Dada who eats Mama. Mama eats Dada too." I tell her. She looks as if she had forgotten about the movie.

"Wy?" She asked.

"Because Mama loves Dada and Dada loves Mama." I smile at her. "Now, if you love your tummy, we should let it eat something too, right?" I said and she nodded.

"Yes."

"Okay then. How about grapes? Or apples?" I ask her. She looked at me with confusion. "Or, how about the both?" She smiled.

"Otay."

Later, I fed her grapes and apples and put her to sleep. Emerald came down and had a small make put session before we watched Netflix while cuddling together. We both went to sleep.

The next day when Kia woke up, she didn't remember any of the things happened yesterday. Things went back to normal and we were all happy again.

••••

One week later

I opened the door with my keys and saw my girls playing. I smiled at myself and came in. The door made a small noise and they both turned.

"Dada!" Kia yelled and walked to me, hugging my legs. I picked her up and kissed her cheeks.

"Hey baby." I smiled. She kissed my cheek in return too and I walked to Emerald. I quickly pecked her lips while Kiara was looking away from us. She still has a problem with us kissing.

"How was work?" She asked. Shitty. I want to say to I don't.

"Hectic. How was your day?" I asked her.

"It was fine. I talked with lawyers and Tony." She said.

"For what?"

"I told you I'm signing off my company to Antonio. Don't you remember?"

"I do now. How did it go?" I asked.

"Good actually. Though papà wasn't very happy about it, it went good. I'm finally off duty now." She smiled at me. I kissed her cheek and handed her Kia to go to the room and get changed.

When I came back down, Kiara was sitting on the table with a spoon in her hand as she banged the table with and laughed when it made noise. I smiled, looking at her.

Emerald had the table set and she was just making food for Kia. When she was done, she sat on a chair and I sat opposite to her.

"Did you talk to your..... parents?" She asked. I picked up my spoon as I shook my head.

"Nope. They didn't call me. Why?"

"Just wondering...." She shrugged. On the cue, the doorbell rang. "I'll get it." She said and went to open the door.

"You! What the fuck are you doing here!? Did I not fucking make myself clear that day?!" My eyes widened at voice. I ran to the door.

My mother was yelling at Emerald while she was shaking with fear. There was another girl with my mother. She looked scared too when she saw my mother yelling.

What the fuck!?

I skipped to her side and she grabbed on my hand while hiding behind me.

"Love, go upstairs with Kiara and stay with her." She nodded and left my side.  I waited for Kiara and Emerald to go upstairs and then looked at my mom.

"Now, what the hell is your problem?"