1.2

When Dust finally returned to the cave to rest, the angry SeaWing from the fight blocked her way into her cave. "Halt MudWing," growled the SeaWing, flaring up his wings to block even more of the way.

Someone is a bit slow, we aren't at war anymore, grouchy.

Dust tossed her bitterness and the statement to her mental river barely a second after thinking about it. "Sorry, you're kinda in my way," she said in a tone that wasn't exactly polite but not exactly rude.

Before the SeaWing's opened mouth could retort anything, Anemone's voice interrupted him. "Pike! Let her through! She's our clawmate after all," her voice caused him to pause long enough for Dust to nod at him in respect and go around him.

Anemone and Ostrich were sat on the floor, the two seemed to have been talking before Dust appeared. "I apologize for him, he doesn't know how to hold his temper," Anemone said with extreme exasperation.

"I guess that SkyWing and him have more in common than they would like to admit," Dust chuckled a little, purposefully ignoring the small growl that Pike let out. "Anyways, what were you talking about?"

Without further ado, Anemone launched back into her description of the SeaWing territory. Dust asked questions, Ostrich doing the same albeit more quietly and less frequently. Anemone didn't care, answering every question and boasting about her tribe without any pause.

That night, Dust had images of the ocean and the beautiful kingdom in her head before she fell asleep.

Ocean waves made Dust open her eyes, the hybrid instantly blinded by the bright sunlight. Blinking a few times, Dust looked at the rubble that she sat on top of. Considering what she had been told, Dust assumed that this was the destroyed Summer Palace. Looking out over the amazing and rather morbid view, Dust looked to her side and jumped out of her scales when she saw a SeaWing. He looked like he was contemplating something.

A second look at the SeaWing revealed that he wasn't exactly normal. He had spikes at the back of his head, jagged claws, and had a few spikes on his tail. The majority of him was a light aquamarine, his underbelly a pale shocking white, and his spines along his back and chest were both mint green. His grey-green eyes scanned the Summer Palace, a frown on his face.

All of his features marked him as a fellow hybrid, although Dust was slightly surprised to see the combo. IceWings and SeaWings were on the opposite sides of the continent, how in the moon blessed dirt did that happen?

He broke Dust from her thoughts by leaning on her, his head resting on his shoulder like it was an old ritual. Dust normally would've gone ridged, backed away, something, but she placed a wing around him and pulled him closer. Instead of her wariness skyrocketing, something about the dream made it plummet.

A flash of a repaired Summer Palace showed, Dust placing her talons on top of the other hybrid's in response. He started to shake a little, taking a breath to try and calm down. Dust couldn't do much more than rub his side with her wing.

Some distant echoey voice started speaking, drowning out the ocean and everything else as it did so. "One will be one of many but half of a whole. Power comes with a toll, his heritage's circle coming in full. He must trust the night despite his blood's fright or history will bite."

Before Dust's mind could wrap around the ominous words, a gust of wind aimed directly at Dust's eyes. She closed them on reflex. When she opened them, she was back in her cave with Anemone sleeping soundly across from her.

Frowning, Dust dug her claws into her moss bed as she simplified everything into a few simple sentences. Dust had a dream about sitting at the top of the destroyed Summer Palace with a hybrid SeaWing and heard some weird rhyming that sounded like part of a prophecy.