3.5

There were those that you instantly connect with. Those who immediately became a brand of family. Sometimes, there were those you could say that if anything happened to them, you would kill everyone and then yourself.

For Obelisk, Stonemover was one of those from the last one. Empathy was from the second and Fin was somehow from the first. Another soon was to be added to their ranks.

"You should go talk with Empathy," Intuition had said with a twinkle in his eye that told Obelisk there was little time to delay. So, within five minutes of him saying that Obelisk was out the door with a small apology to the other healers.

Still, Obelisk hesitated outside the door of the hatchery for a moment. "Empathy? Intuition said to come to talk to you..." Obelisk had walked in expecting to see Empathy with her egg and she trailed off when she saw Empathy with a dragonet.

The dragonet was small, too small. Black scales scattered with green were too dull. And yet those brilliant blue eyes were bright enough to make up for it, even if they were a little bloodshot from the constant smoke and ash in the air.

Empathy smiled at her, that smile widening when the dragonet curiously chirped as Obelisk advanced. "Obelisk, meet Wit. Wit, meet your aunt."

The second sentence got another chirp that melted Obelisk's heart. "Oh, he's wonderful," said Obelisk, her voice barely above a whisper but the mother-son duo heard it nonetheless. "Hello, little one," Obelisk offered a talon, smiling when Wit curiously inspected it.

Empathy watched the two with a smile as Obelisk cooed at the dragonet who watches her with open curiosity. "It's not your normal visiting time, why are you here so early?" asked Empathy, pulling herself out of watching the two but her warm heart stayed.

"Intuition didn't give me any details when he said I should talk to you, so I kinda rushed," said Obelisk with only a hint of sheepishness, the rest of the energy that it would take to be sheepish preoccupied with letting Wit pounce on her tail.

"Not that I regret it, I get to spend a little more time with this little wonder," Obelisk's words were fond, almost overly as she said 'this little wonder'.

"You'll have to go back soon," Empathy warned in a motherly tone that she already perfected. She needed to with Obelisk around, Obelisk giving a childish whine that gave a good reason why. Although, her ability to get in a word edgewise vanished as Wit attacked her tail again.

Eventually, Obelisk was shooed out much to both of the youngers' disappointment. Intuition greeted her with a smile and a list of makeup tasks on his tongue. By the end of it, Obelisk didn't have enough time to talk with Empathy before her fishing trip.

Luckily for her, she bumped into Stonemover on her way out.

"Hey Stone," Obelisk greeted with a small smile that was returned. "Could you do a favor for me?"

"Depends," said Stonemover, giving her a playful look that received a snort.

"Can you go stay with Empathy until I join you? I need to get a few things and her new dragonet needs a bit of entertainment," asked Obelisk, a plan forming in her head. If she could convince him to go along with it, they all could eat her catches without any issues.

"Her egg hatched? I'm up to play with a dragonet," said Stonemover with a small grin.

"I'll be a bit, so gather up all your energy," said Obelisk with a small chuckle. "I'll leave you to it. Try not to be passed out from exhaustion when I get back," Stonemover didn't dignify her taunt with a verbal response, only rolling his eyes before going on his way.