3.7

Routine could be changed so suddenly. Everything could be thrown out of control. A monumental event could shift everything.

During a routine visit to Stonemover, that's what happened.

Poor little Stonemover was just peacefully snoozing away when a SkyWing ran in and raised a threatening talon. Obelisk landed in front of him, barely giving him any time to react before she was pinning him to the ground. Stonemover woke up with a start, staring at the two in shock.

"Obbi?!" he yelped, paying attention to his sister rather than the writhing SkyWing under her talons.

"Hey Stone. Don't mind the whelp, he was just trying to kill you," Obelisk growled out the last few words, pushing the SkyWing further into the stone for spite.

Stonemover didn't get a chance to respond, the thumping and scrambling of several dragons interrupting him. Three NightWing dragonets, two SeaWing dragonets, a familiar yet odd-looking SandWing, and a giant of a NightWing arrived, the SkyWing becoming more violent as a result.

"Let him go!" the SandWing (Sunny?) shouted, staring at Obelisk in horror. She huffed but did as told, shoving the SkyWing into the wall as Sunny rushed to be in front of Obelisk. "What were you doing?!"

"Saving Stonemover from getting killed in his sleep by the SkyWing," Obelisk said, keeping tabs on the dragonet in question from the corner of her eye.

He stumbled to his feet, glaring at Sunny and Obelisk from his position. Shoving Sunny out of the way before the SkyWing could sink his claws into her, Obelisk swatted him over the head with a small roar. With a small stumble, he redirected his murderous attention towards Stonemover. Without any qualms, Obelisk shouldered him away and into the wall with a powerful talon grinding his head into the stone.

"Not today, you brat," Obelisk growled, grabbing his snout with her talon to keep his mouth shut from releasing any flames. "Does anyone have any way to restrain him or do I have to do it myself? I don't care which."

Somebody better have a way to do it because I'm this close to just knocking him out and calling it a day.

"Anemone, could you help out our kind savior?" said a deep voice, probably the giant at the door.

"Of course!" the female SeaWing dragonet rushed forward, grabbing a stray stone and pressing it against the SkyWing's talons. Before Obelisk could question her, the stone turned into handcuffs that bolted him to the floor. Obelisk stepped away, snarling at him before standing between him and Stonemover.

One of the SeaWing princesses is an animus? Interesting.

The others interrogated the SkyWing, Flame, for his reason to try to kill to Stonemover. Obelisk scoffed quietly when she heard that he tried it because Stonemover wouldn't use his magic on him. Honestly.

He didn't have to use his magic on you, you useless whelp. It's his power, he decides how to use it. Seriously, what in the oblivion was going through your head?

"Sunny, wait," the giant in the doorway when Sunny started to leave through the tunnels. "We need to have a proper family reunion. You know about Stonemover and I but there's one more."

He turned to Obelisk, getting her to give him a questioning look. "Obelisk, right? What an odd name for a NightWing."

Either an animus was mad enough to create growing pills or he's ancient. Considering the fact that an animus, a princess no less, followed his orders without question, then he's...

"I can't say that Darkstalker is any better," Obelisk said in her usual calm tone.

"A detective as always, Obelisk. A bit of my intelligence even makes it to my great-great-some amount of greats-grand niece!" he said in the most excited tone.