Chapter 5

-1 Month Later (31st January)-

-Octavia's POV-

Since it was a Friday evening, me and Orion were sat on the couch going through the TV shows when an announcement from Off The Hook appeared on screen. Interested, we just let it play when they something about a 'splatfest', whatever that is. 

"Mum, what's a Splatfest?" I shout into the next room, making her come in, a smile on her face. "Have they not taught you about them in school? Well, me and your father are gonna have to give you lesson on them. Imagine this ok: turf war but ten times more series and with a certain theme." "Did I just hear someone mention splatfests?" "Oh hey dad! And yeah, you did just hear splatfests being mentioned. Apparently, there is one going on from tonight to Sunday night." Orion answers him for the both of us as he walks into the room. "Well, what are the teams? I'm sure Sonia and Leon would enjoy playing with us. Who knows, we may even get the squid sisters to play, off the hook themselves and Lukas as well. It's sad though that you kids can't join in." 

Me and Orion look towards each other before shrugging, still as clueless as before, so we all end up sitting down and watching for more information whilst splatfests are explained to us in more detail, along with some pictures of what I assume is our parents taking part in one. From what mum said, those pics were from a splatfest called 'Chaos VS Order' which was apparently the last splatfest that was going to take place. Apparently not, there is another one now and sadly me and my brother can't participate. 

Alexa, this is so sad, Fly Octo Fly.

After a few minutes of talking, we finally find out that the splatfest is a redo. Squids VS Octopus. In response to this, Mum and Dad call everyone over before we all head out. It was going to be Uncle Lukas, Auntie Sonia, Dad, Uncle Tobi, Auntie Tori, and Marina on team Octo, going against those on team Squid who were Mum, Uncle Lance, Pearl, Auntie Marie, Callie and Uncle Leon. Of course they all chose the sides of the type of cephalopod they were.

When out, they all grabbed their t-shirts with weapons on hand ready for when the splatfest started later on--they even gave out t-shirts for those who couldn't play and said we could keep them instead of handing them in at the end! For a while, we just walked around and had a look at shops and got some food before the chaos finally started.

11pm and everyone was in the square dancing and singing along to music that was playing as others gathered up in teams and fought for their respective team. Me and Orion sat and watched for around three hours as everyone in our very complicated family tree fought, winning battles and loosing some and reaching the highest rank they could--King and Queen status. Uncle Lance was definitely the best fighter out of everyone, getting 30 or even 40 kills every match because he is that overpowered. It was fun watching the rest try and keep up, spraying ink, attacking and dodging bullets of ink, getting mad at the cocky people who squid bagged and much more. It was so much different to normal matches, and I really wished I could take part.

"Hey Oreo, you think we'll be as good as mum and dad when we finally get to battle? They are insanely fast and really talented at this stuff." "I'm pretty sure we will be great at this Tavi. With both our parents being pros, we will definitely be pros as well. Maybe one day we will get more kills than mum and dad have ever gotten in a match." "So your saying that we will be able to defeat them one day in a battle? I doubt that." He laughs at me before going back to looking at the match. "Who knows what is in our futures Tavi. Who knows." 

With the time getting closer and closer to 3am at this point, we were drifting off in our chairs. We had taken photos of the winning teams getting awards for 10x battles won or 100x battles won, and also taking several videos to take notes on ideas for how we could fight in the future. Mum and Dad finally showed up as we fell asleep, everyone else gone for the night--well, morning now--and we got to go home and sleep. 

The next day, me and Orion went over the information--pictures and information--and created a 30 slide PowerPoint on how to get good at turf war so we could learn before we could actually take part when we got our ability to change forms. We even stole our parents spare weapons when they went out so we could practice how to hold weapons--I tried holding both, and I have never felt so powerful in my life. I LOVE IT! Orion on the other hand prefers single weapons, but he agrees with me that dual wielding a weapon like the n-zap or another weapon that isn't the dualies would give me more power than the standard player, and I like it because I can feel like God or I could kill God, and I don't care if there is a difference between the two, I'm just saying I want to feel way too powerful for my liking.

Sooner than we could have expected, the splatfest ended on Sunday at 11pm, mirroring the Friday it started on. A positive however was that school gave us all a break the next day, so me and Orion didn't have to wait until after school to find out the results. 

Monday was chaos. And I mean chaos.

Me and Orion woke up and chose VIOLENCE.

We violently shook our parents awake before dragging them to the couch with no warning to see the results of their hard work. They weren't particularly happy with us, but they were happy to see us excited about something we couldn't and didn't even take part in. With all the energy in the world, me and Orion kept bouncing in our seats whilst mum tried not to fall asleep on dad's shoulder as the news came on and announced the thing we had been waiting for.

The splatfest results were in, and.....

Team Octopus won!!!

I cheered as I had been supporting that team whilst Orion sulked a little because team Squid ended up loosing. Our parents congratulated each other on their efforts before frantically turning the TV off as something about the 'New SS' came on? 

"Well, that's enough TV for now kids. Let me and your mother wake up more because we weren't ready to get up yet when you disturbed our rest, so go play or something or analyse your tactics on getting better at turf war before you can even play it." "Yes Dad!" We shout in unison, running out of the room as he shakes his head and kisses mum's forehead.

Splatfest was fun, but I can't shake the feeling that the 'New SS' has something to do with mum and dad.

First question to answer though...

What is the New SS? And why did dad turn it off when it came on?

A.N: GUESS WHOS BACK!!!!! After so much hesitation of writing this because I had no clue where I was going with it, I finally wrote it. No regrets because I enjoyed writing this. I hope you enjoyed some of the memes I have added and also enjoy the cliff hanger I have left you on because I have no clue when chapter 6 will be coming out.

One other thing I'd like to say is that the reason I haven't been doing this story as frequently as I used to is because my shift in interests and fandoms. I slowly fell out of the Splatoon phase I was in and was unmotivated to write this series as a whole, despite the enjoyment I get out of it when I get to the next book in the series. I got into the Anime side of stuff and this caused a huge change in what I was writing, ultimately leading to my longest book ever which is on 27,000 words with only 7 chapters and a prologue published, and there is going to be more that 50 chapters which will be a nightmare for those who read it once it's done. If you want to check that out whilst waiting for updates for the 38 saga, it is called 'Blueflame' and is a My Hero Academia Bakugo x OC book. Self promotion, I know, but I want to keep you guys engaged whilst I figure out what the hell I'm doing with the last 3 chapters of this book before moving to book 4. 

My Splatoon phase is slowly coming back because of Splatoon 3 coming next year, but it is still lacking a lot unlike when I first started writing this series, so I can't promise much except that I will be trying my best to get back into this and keep going so we can finish the story as a whole.

Thank you for not giving up on me with this book if you are sat reading this authors note, I really appreciate that, and I hope you stick around and keep this book in your library so when I update, you can read it.

Enjoy your day or night everyone and I shall see you next chapter where we will be getting closer to the end with every word I write. (As I've already said, we have 3 chapters to go now.)

-Catalyst <3

(PS: Any theories that anyone has? I'd love to hear them if so!)