Epilogue

-Time skip to 25th of April, brought to you by some octos and squids-

-Octavia's POV (Like always because I prefer to write in her POV)-

It's been about a month since we found out mum and dad's secret, and to be honest, nothing much has changed. They still go out on their little adventures whilst we stay at home if its a weekend or stay at school if its a weekday. However, we did get our first weapons and got to play turf war for the first time since we could transform now. Just like I wanted, I got dual N-Zaps and Orion followed suit, but instead he got actual dualies. The Dark Tetra Dualies to be exact. 

What we expected was to be put into public games and learn from there, but no, that was not the plan apparently. Instead...

We were put into an arena with Uncle Lance...

Let's just say that it didn't exactly go right well for the first hour. It was two 13 year old teens versus a literal God-- a Rank X player who would win every match he played, getting over 25 kills with his Areospray PG and making people mad with his Booyah Bomb. At first it was all fun and games, just teaching us how to use the weapons and our specials, but it then descended into chaos with him going all out and expecting us to get better as we played, continuously getting killed. It felt like we were playing the Ultra-Nightmare mode of Doom Eternal where you would get hit once and you'd be instantly dead. (A.N: I had to ask Jake (@Jake1703) about this doom reference and now he's probably gonna kill me XD Also, dont ask how the kids know about doom, it's probably Lance playing it in front of them) Hour 2 though was way different. We managed to develop our skills and get hits on him, despite still dying all the time, and we even managed to kill him 1 time, getting an applause from the new crowd who were watching, the rest of our very complicated family. After that, it was us versus teams of 4 of our family, including pearl who was the easiest to beat every time.

Glooga Dualies, they absolutely suck. Get a new weapon Pearl. 

This went on for a couple more hours before it started to get dark. People supposedly thought we were tired, but we were only just getting started, even if we had been going for hours on end. So as a group, we compromised.

The twins, me and Orion, versus mum and Dad. 

VERY BAD IDEA...

We ended up loosing, only getting a couple kills each whilst mum and dad dominated the game, getting 20 or more kills each and most of the turf. Now I can see where mum gets her skills, its Lance. That's it. The genes just carry overpowered fighting skills. 

For the next few weeks, this was what we loved to do in our free time and we got better every time, to the point that Sheldon wanted to make us custom weapons because we were so good at fighting--what can I say, we are the kids of two agents of the Squidbeak Splatoon and surrounded by a family of great fighters. Other than school, nothing else happened. 

Right now, its a week till mine and Orion's 14th birthday, and we are hoping that stuff gets more interesting since our life is normal right now. Nothing exciting or adventurous is happening to us, and it doesn't feel right, saying that Uncle Keigo isn't actually dead and is evil, our family are all agents, and life has never really been normal in Inkopolis--it's way too peaceful for my liking, it's as if something is hiding in the shadows and is waiting for the right time to come out and attack.

But hey, I'll enjoy the peace whilst we still have it. Anything could happen in the future and for all I know, we could descend into a second war or Inkopolis could be destroyed--those are the worst case scenarios, but they could still happen.

I guess we just have to wait and see. 

TO BE CONTINUED IN FOURTH BOOK 

A.N: Last chapter everyone! You'll all just have to wait to find out what happens next in the fourth book in the 38 saga! I won't say much here because there will be a thank you chapter after this, but I will say that this book has finally come to close.

Thank yous are up next and then you'll just have to wait for the sneak peak of book 4 and then the book itself!

-Catalyst