Chapter 7

-Octavia's POV (Once again, for plot convenience it has been two years and the kids are now 13, and it is also the 2nd of march)-

"Hey Oreo, I have a stupidly great idea that I know you are gonna hate me for, but I'm gonna do it anyway." Out of the twins, you may think that I would be the responsible one, but you would be wrong. I'm the one who stirs up chaos, is mischievous, and gets into trouble the most. So what was my idea? Something so stupid that I would be grounded for life if discovered? Sure, you could definitely put it like that. 

"Tavi, I swear to cod, if it's to do wit--" "Let's go spy on mum and dad to see what they really do on these days where they are out. I know you wanna find out, so come with me, it's gonna be fun!" He sighs, trying to contain his disappointment in me, but ultimately failing when he looks at me. "Tavi, what have I said about this? I know you are interested, but you shouldn't go searching for something that is being hidden from us. There has to be a good reason it's happening, so why not wait till they tell u-- What are you doing?" Quickly and messily doing my shoe laces, I get up and grab a hoodie before running out of the front door, following the steps that our parents would always take. I watched them every time they went out, so I knew where they went--it got to the extent that I climbed onto the roof and watched as they disappeared into the distance, specifically disappearing after entering a corner in the square, so I knew exactly where I had to go. 

"Are you an idiot? Because this isn't gonna be good. Are you even listening to me?" My twin brother had quickly gotten ready, locking the door behind him and rushing to my side before I disappeared into the crowds starting to form in the streets. "Nope! And I'm going to ignore everything you currently say because I'm not turning back around now!" "And sometimes I wonder how we are even related, because you are nothing like me at all..." I laugh at his mumbling before running off, nearly getting smacked across the head as we come to a stop in the square, looking around before setting off for the exact corner that I always saw them hop down. 

"This is it! We finally get to find out what they always seem to go off and do, hiding anything they can so we don't find out! C'mon, you have to be excited for this!" He sighs, before nodding, making me fangirl a little. "Well, time to use our squid and octo forms for the first time..." And just like that, we transformed, which felt a little weird, before hoping down the circular grate beneath our feet. 

On the other side was a desolate wasteland, nothing much to be seen until you took a few steps forward. And that was when you would see it...

"The NSS..." "Tavi, do you even know what that stands for?" I giggle before grabbing his hand and pulling him behind a rock so we weren't spot, but also look at what was happening. "Well Oreo, I found out that it's short for 'The New Squibeak Splatoon' but that's about it. However, I do know that some of our family are here." I divert our attention to a now visible mum and dad, talking to who seemed to be... Uncle Leon and Auntie Sonia?! And then the rest of our family members came out? 

What is this?! A family cult?! 

I couldn't make out anything that they had said, but I did see that they were all in unusual outfits that we had never seen before, guns and a surrounding a table of some sorts, the leader--who seemed to be Auntie Marie--pointing out something. 

"What are two kids like you doing here?" 

We slowly turn around, startled by the sudden voice, only to see someone in some sort of armour that was even more unusual than the clothing wore by our family! "Hang on... You seem familiar... But I don't know where from..." "So I guess my Pearly did introduce me then, huh, thought she wouldn't have bothered..." 

"Keigo, nice to meet you. But you may know me as your Auntie Petra." 

SO THAT'S WHO SH--HE IS!

"Before you ask any questions, firstly, you can't tell anyone that you saw me, I'm supposed to be dead. Secondly, I'm trans, so that's why my name is Keigo. Lastly, you want to know about the NSS? I can tell you anything, but your parents can't find out. They weren't planning to say anything until your guys' 16th birthday." "Woah woah woah, you'll tell us anything?!" I rush to say, eyes sparkling from being interested for so many years and having to wait to find out. "Hang on a second Tavi, we can't just do this! Didn't you hear he--him? He said that he was supposed to be dead. What if he's evil?" "Haha, don't worry little one, or should I say Orion? For now, my evil is supressed and you can trust me." "I'm still sceptical of trusting y--" "Please tell us all we need to know!" I cut my brother off, him slapping me and wanting to shout at me, but knowing he couldn't. 

"All right then. Let me tell you the ins and outs of the Squidbeak Splatoon..." 

-About 20 mins, several questions and so much information later-

"So to summarise, our parents are agents--well all our family are agents--and they fight to keep our world safe? That's why they come back after days and are beaten up? It makes so much sense now!" Keigo nods, taking a quick peak at the meeting that was seemingly ending. "That's right. Any info you now know, keep it quiet and tell no one. You can't say anything until it comes to the time that your parents tell you, but don't mention me. Got it?" "Got it!" We say in unison. Orion had actually become way to interested five minutes in, so after all his complaining, it was worth still dragging him along. "Oh shit... they are packing up... You guys need to get out, now!" With that, we say our goodbyes before racing against the clock to get home and not act suspicious, knowing the secret that our parents hid from us as they entered the door, asking how we had been.

Today was definitely an interesting adventure, and all the information was going to serve us well when they went out again. 

But what we didn't know is that we were going to be told two years earlier than expected, and our cover would be blown. 

It would only be the matter of months before it happened... 

A.N: WELCOME BACK TO THE BOOK! This chapter is the one thing that I've held off for so long, not wanting to screw it up because it is the second to last chapter in this book. However, I think that it turned out well, saying that I barely had anything to work off. So how'd you guys like it?

Other than that, I do have to apologise for the long gaps between updates. I have a project that I am really pationate about, and my mind wouldn't let me drop it because of how much I've been enjoying it--yes, it is my OC x Bakugo book called 'Phoenix'--and it's hard to balance stuff for me, so my mind and soul has been solely pouring itself out into that. However, with this coming to a close, I will be getting back into writing the 38 Saga when book 4 starts up! So be prepared for that!

One more chapter everyone, then it's it for this book.

Have a great day/night!

-Catalyst