Race and Technology

Whether or not Race and Technology should intersect really depends on the situation in my opinion, but really when considers it, this already intersects without our even trying. Consider the internet.. really the internet is nothing but a bunch of various websites converging on a network meant to connect many computer IP addresses together for the purpose of communication. As a result, these have become a center for many different opinions and views coming together as well... unique views too. Consider the video in the media of this blog posts, did you honestly think anybody would think up a video game where you play as bread? Yet it's there in the cloud.. because somebody somewhere who had that unique opinion about bread being the main protagonist of a video game posted it.. the game: I am Bread.

What does this all have to do with race in particular. But Banks does clearly state that "I argue here that despite the prevalence of work on the oral elements of African-American language and discourse, and the dominance of early cyberspace theory that dismisses race and culture as irrelevant online, as least in one space, African American community Web site BlackPlanet, African American language and discourse live, and even thrive in online places" (Banks 69)." Oral elements, culture, it all eventually came on the site whether wished to consciously or not. BECAUSE of this fact.. humans ARE culture, it's what defines us, so unless we're complete robots, with the existance of the internet, their are going to be all sorts of cultures we weren't expecting running around on the internet. We're not Skynet everyone, we actually do have differing views, whether it's based on race or something else. Like it or not.. technollogy and race have already converged, and without that aspect, the internet would be a pretty boring place. That leaves only one other question, does the internet even NEED to be fun?