10~ Childhood Dreams

The next day~
I began to wake up on a couch to see Dally sitting up awake on the hospital bed. "Good morning sleepy head." He chuckled. It was only 10:30 I don't know who he's calling sleepy head.
"Morning, uh when do you get to leave?" I ask.
"Anytime I want." He said.
"Do you want me to go call Darry?" I asked getting up.
"My place isn't too far from here I'll just walk." He started to get up clearly still in pain.
"Why don't I just call him?" I suggest again.
"No I won't get in the car." He said throwing on his pants and a shirt.
"Fine can I at least walk you?" I say.
"Now that I won't mind." He looked at me and smirked.
"Then let's go." I demand.
"So bossy." He chuckled as he walked to the desk signing himself out.
We walked out of the hospital and started walking to his house. "So about last night, how about I pick you up at 7?" He smirked.
"Are you sure your up for doing something tonight?" I ask.
"You know you can just say no instead of letting me down easy." He said.
"No no that's not what I wanted to happen. I really want to go tonight but I just don't want to overwork you." I say smiling.
"Good then I'll see you at 7." He smiled.
"And where will we be going?" I ask with a giggle.
"Bold of you to assume I'm going to tell you." He said as he walked up to his place. "See you at 7 Randle." He walked inside and closed the door. I could scream. Nine year old me is finally getting her wish. Even sixteen year old me is getting her wish.
       I ran inside and called sophie. Ring ring ring. "Hello." She answered.
       "Oh my god sophie?" I ask verifying it's her.
       "Paisley?" She said in return.
       "Yes it's me." I say.
       "What you seem excited?" She asked giggling.
       "I have a date!" I exclaim.
       "Oh my god me too, what's his name?" She asked.
       "Guess, and what's your guys name and when are you guys going out?" I ask.
       "His names nick and tonight at five. And I don't know you go on a lot of dates." She laughed.
       "That's so exciting, and it's," I had a long pause, "Dally!"
       "No way!" She exclaimed.
       "Yes way! When he was unconscious yesterday I admitted I had feelings for him and he woke up at the end and then he said he had feelings for me. Then when I walked him home he said he was picking me up at 7!" I scream. I then started hearing noises coming from downstairs. "I'll call you tonight when I get home I have to go though." I say putting down the phone. I peaked my head out my door and I heard whispering. Then I heard my dads voice.
      "Dad?" I called out.
      "Yes paisley?" My dad asked.
      "Is someone with you?" I know for a fact I heard him whispering.
       "Just talking to myself." He then mumbled again. "I didn't know you were home."
       "I just came back from the hospital." I started coming down the stairs. "Are you sure you're alone?"
        "Yes sweetie." He smiled and sat on the couch.
         "Okay then we'll I'll just be upstairs." I say. He's acting suspicious.

       A few hours later~
       I finished getting ready for my date. I wore a red low cut shirt with a black and white fitted skirt and black shoes (picture above). I walked downstairs and no one appeared to be home. Then I seen his truck. My heart started racing. I went to go up to the door and seen him hop out of his truck and start walking to the door. I walked out before he could get all the way to my door. "You look amazing." He stared at me standing about five feet away from me.
"Thank you, you look pretty good yourself." I smiled looking at him up and down. I came closer to him and he opened the door for me. A gentleman? No this is dallas winston we're talking about. "So am I able to find out where you are taking me now?" I ask.
"I don't think so. I'll let you find out once we get there." He smirked at me.

We drove about thirty minutes which I was little confused on what was thirty minutes away until we got there. It was some hill. Ponyboy made the gang come here one time cause there was supposed to be some museum or drive in I don't really remember what it was supposed to be, but it ended up only being a hill. So Darry came up with the idea since we had food to just have a picnic. This was back when I was like 14.
"This is random." I laugh as he parks the car and we look up the hill.
       "Not necessarily." He said getting out of the truck and getting something from the back. I got out and met him on his side of the truck. He was holding a brown bag and a blanket.
       "How is it not random?" I asked as we started slowly going up the hill. It wasn't that steep of a hill but Dally was still in pain so I was kind of guiding him. He didn't answer me. But once we got to the top he laid down the blanket and sat down and patted for me to sit besides him.
       "It's not random because the time we came here I was about 15 and you were probably 14." He started saying. "We were supposed to do  something with pony but I only came because you were coming. You were my best friend. But then I seen you from a distance running around and the light hitting you perfectly, that's when I realized I liked you." He admitted coming off a bit soft. "Damn I swear I ain't going soft." I chuckled to his comment.
       "Dally, you don't have to worry about that. And that's the most romantic thing anyone has ever said to me." I smile. "All my ex boyfriends are looking like shit right now."
       "Probably because they all were." He chuckled.
       "I guess I didn't chose the greatest men." I laugh.
       "Well you're choosing me, seems like a good choice to me." He shrugged.
       "Your so cocky." I laugh.
       "You love it." He laughed with me.

         Dally and I were having a great time we ate food and talked for a few hours then decided to go back. Once we were walking downhill I realized I didn't tell my brother or anyone besides sophie about this. We then got into the truck, "did you tell anyone we were doing this?" I ask.
       "No, why?" He asked.
       "Well I don't know just thinking how the gang would react to us going on a date." I say.
       "They shouldn't have an issue with it." He said.
       "I know but like do you think they'll be shocked?" I ask.
       "Probably not." He laughed.
       "Why not?" I ask.
       "Now knowing you have had feelings on me, it was so obvious I'm just..." he paused trying to find the word.
       "Stupid." I say.
       "I was going to say oblivious." He rolled his eyes and we laughed.
        "I mean that works too." I giggle.
        "What do you mean too?" He got all defensive.
        "You know what I meant." I cross my arms and laugh.
        "What an attitude." He chuckled.
        "What can I say the truth hurts. And let's be honest you love it. " I shrug still laughing.

        We got to my house and he walked me to the front door. "This was fun." I smiled looking at me shoes getting all shy and flustered.
       "It was. Paisley do you want to be my girl?" He asked.
       "Very forward," I say, "I love it. Yes I would like to be your girl." I blushed now looking at his eyes. He reached both hands behind his neck and took of his necklace.
       "This is for you." He said putting it around my neck.
        "You're giving me your necklace?" I ask with a smile. "I thought this was like some huge important thing for you."
        "It is but your my girl and I want people to know that." He smiled leaning into kiss me. We both pulled away and I blushed. "Bye paisley, I'll see you another time." He smiled and walked back to his truck. I walked inside screamed then ran to my phone. It was 11 I'm shocked no one heard my scream. Sophie should be back from her date too so I decided to call her.
Ring. Ring. Only two rings and she picked up. "Hey." I could hear the smile from her tone.
       "Sophie!" I exclaim.
       "Paisley!" She exclaimed back.
       "How did your date go?" I ask smiling so hard.
        "It went so great we went to dinner and he's a soc so he took me to soc property. I know I know a soc is a red flag but I feel like he's different. Anyways he asked me on a second date but he hasn't asked me to be his yet!" She cheered because she was going out with him again.
        "I'll let the socs have a chance, I guess. But if he hurts you I'm beating him up." I say knowing she knows I actually will.
       "I'll allow it. Now tell me about yours!" She exclaimed.
       "So he took me to that one hill where pony dragged us because he said that's when he found out he caught feelings for me then we ate and talked and then he took me home and he gave me his necklace and asked me to be his girl!" I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face.
       "No way!" She screamed.
       "Keep it down don't wake up your brothers. But yes way!" I cheered.
       "Look at us, we're both going to have boyfriends at the same time!" I could just tell she had the biggest smile.
       "Our childhood dreams are finally coming true!" I smile.