19~ In My Defense

The next day~
      I heard a pounding on the door which startled me awake. Quickly I threw clothes on and got up from bed. Somehow Dally managed not to hear anything. I threw the blanket over him so he was covered. Then I went to answer the door. "Hello?" I say as I crack the door open.
      "You coming to the Curtis house?" My brother asked.
      "I don't know Steve." I rolled my eyes.
      "I missed your attitude." He laughed.
      "Find I'll come with you, let me attempt to wake him up though." I say closing the door. I walked over to Dally and shook him around until he woke up.
      "What's wrong?" He got up defensively.
      "Nothing Steve and I are just going to the Curtis house and we wanted to know if you would come?" I ask.
      "I wish I could but I got something with Tim Sheppard in an hour that I gotta take care of." He said and I could hear his aggravation. As he was speaking I walked to my closet. "He's always pissing me off. And now he's threatening me."
       I quickly threw on black shorts and a black tank top with a red flannel (picture above). "How's he threatening you?" I ask.
     "Saying he knows what could truly hurt me whatever the hell that's supposed to mean but I know it ain't good." He said.
     "Okay well then I'll see you sometime today. Good luck." I kissed him then walked outside to see Steve waiting.
     "No Dallas?" He asked as we walked downstairs.
     "Nah he's got stuff to do I guess." I shrug.
     "Oh okay. I got work today, sophie is practically going to be the only person home so I've heard. Are you guys all better now?" He asked considering we have been a bit off after the fight.
     "Yeah actually she apologized again last night for some reason at like 3 am. Then we talked for an hour about random shit." I say.
      "That's strange." He said.
      "That's what I thought too, but maybe she just realized she was being insensitive." I shrug.

       We approached the Curtis house and I walked inside as soda was walking out. Steve was right sophie is the only person home. "She's not really coming out of her room, is there anything you can do?" Darry asked as he was heading out.
      "I can see what I can do." I smiled as I walked upstairs. I head upstairs and instead of knocking I slowly walk in. I see a huge lump under the covers and I approach it calmly. "Sophie?" I whisper.
"Paisley?" I heard a mumble from the lump.
"Are you doing okay?" I come to the side of the bed where the lump is.
"Can I be honest with you?" She asked.
"Always." I kneel besides the bed.
"You were right about nick." She sounded upset.
"Oh no. How did you find out?" I ask.
"You aren't going to like it." She said.
"Just tell me I'm your best friend I can handle it." I say rubbing what I'm pretty sure is her shoulder.
"Well he said some mean comment I've honestly blurred it out so I can't even remember what it was, but then I spoke my mind and wasn't being too nice." She said coming from under the covers with a few cuts on her face and what looked like a bruise. "And he just started hitting me and throwing me around. Then he called me a useless bitch." She began to sob.
"Where does this dick live?" I ask standing up. She pointed to a piece of paper that had his address on it. "Do you think he's home?" I ask.
"I mean probably he was dog sitting and wasn't aloud to leave." She said sounding miserable.
"I'll be back." I say beginning to storm out of the room.
"What are you going to do?" She asked and I could hear fear linger in her voice.
"I'm going to beat the dick up." I say.
"I don't know if you can do one on one, what if he's stronger." She sat up a bit.
"I got my switch don't worry about me." I smiled storming out. I didn't let it slide when he made bad comments about her. I told her about them hoping she'd leave him. But there's no way I'm leaving this up to her. She's upset probably can barely take care of herself. I'm going to have to teach him a lesson.

I walk with reason as I make my way to his house. I begin to see socs property and realize what I'm getting myself into. I can't back down. Not now, not ever. I hope no one catches me before I catch nick
Then I find a beautiful blue home with white picket fences surrounding it. I whip open the perfectly clean gate and storm up onto the porch. I slam on the door and hear a dog begin to bark. Then I see nick open the door. "What the hell do you want?" Without even answering I clench my fist and punch him fairly hard in the jaw. He jumps back and holds his face in pain. "I will admit you got a good punch but I can blink and take you down." He said. As I look around his house and all of his bright furniture. Who's idea was it to get a bright red couches with purple stripes?
"Nick, you haven't even seen the worst of me. You don't even know me." I grinned then punch him again. "And thats for calling her a bitch." I go to turn around when he grabs my wrist then pins me against the wall. His face got extremely close to mine and I kept turning away. He tried to lean into kiss me when I was able to get one of my hands free and slap him as hard as I could across the face.
And that's when I seen them, red and blue blinking lights swarming nicks property. "Shit. Who called the cops?" I say. Police storm towards us and knock on the door.
"We got a complaint from neighbors saying there's some peculiar noise." The cop said. "Is everyone okay?"
"I'm sorry paisley, but sir she started punching me I didn't even do anything to her it was all random." He said sounding fearful. The punching was true but there was reasoning.
"Ma'am please put your hands behind your back and come with us." He said. In my defense she's my best friend I have to protect her.