III.

The common room was cozy, to say the least. It was decorated in gold and maroon, and the portraits on the wall greeted you warmly. You four were the only ones up there, everyone else still at the feast. Your newfound friends looked at you, gauging your reaction.

"Well...?" Hermione urged.

"Again, it's much more elegant than Ilvermorny," you whispered.

Ron and Harry chuckled at your reaction. You caught Ron's eye, and held eye contact longer than you meant to. He blushed, and you just smiled at him. That was cute, you thought, I could get used to it.

"So, normally, if you try to sneak into the boys' dormitory, the stairs will turn into a slide, or vice versa, but we've found a way past that. For emergencies only, of course," Hermione explained.

You took note of this, smirking slightly.

"You'll have to tell me about it," you said with a grin, glancing at Ron, who looked embarrassed.

"And, since it is the beginning of the year, there may be a party in the common room tonight. We haven't heard any details yet, but if we do, it may get a bit noisy," Harry added.

Perfect.

...

The party did end up happening. You were reading a book when you heard music begin to play from downstairs. Assuming it wouldn't be too formal, you went down in a pair of jeans and a T-Shirt.

Thankfully, it was casual, although a few students still wore their robes. The party had begun less than 10 minutes ago, and already you saw red cups being passed around. The air smelled of artificial cinnamon, and you knew they were drinking fire whiskey. You scanned the room for the supply.

You found a boy with a large bottle hidden in his robes and approached him.

"Ah, new girl! Want a drink?" He sneered. You nodded your head and smiled. "I'm Dean," he said as he poured you some of the dark liquid into a cup. "What was your name again?"

"Allie," you responded, accepting the cup with a smile.

"Well, Allie, welcome to Gryffindor House!" Dean smiled and you "clinked" your cups together.

"Thanks!" you said, scanning the room for one of your new friends.

Ron stood in a corner, while Harry went on about a Quidditch game that must have happened last year. Hermione was fixing Ginny's hair and the two were giggling and telling secrets to one another.

Ron's eyes met yours and you smiled, walking over to him.

"You look lonely over here," you teased.

He chuckled.

"You sound surprised," he said lowly.

"Well, I'm here now. Why don't you tell me about our housemates? Or, whatever is bothering you."

"I'm just not one for parties. Harry always drags me alone and then I have to carry his arse back up to the dormitory because he drinks too much" he said with a scoff.

"So, you're saying the Boy Who Lived can't handle his liquor?" You asked, taking a hearty swig of fire whiskey. It tasted terrible, and you made a face.

"Not at all," he chuckled, "what is wrong with your face?" He asked.

"Well it's just- this tastes like a muggle alcohol I used to sneak around with. Fireball. Too many hangovers"

"Sounds like you can't hold your liquor either, Allie. That's a lot stronger than any muggle drink."

You'd figured that out by now. After a few drinks, you could feel the heat in your veins.

...

You stayed with Ron for the majority of the party, enjoying each other's company. Harry was absolutely blitzed already, and Hermione and Ginny seemed to be rather tipsy as well. You'd stopped drinking after the first cup, and now you were people watching together.

"So Dean, the guy who brought the Fire whiskey, he's with Seamus," Ron explained, subtly pointing to another flushed-face boy. "Harry is with Ginny but they like to act like they're not. Don't blame Ginny tonight though, look at him," he said.

You looked at Harry and you knew he couldn't see straight. He kept going on about being the Chosen One and defeating Voldemort. His cockiness had to be embarrassing to Ginny, and the sight of him forced a chuckle from you.

"Not like he could've done it without us," Ron sighed.

"You'll have to tell me that story next," you pleaded, shooting Ron a flirty smirk, "but aren't you seeing anyone?" You added swiftly.

He choked, his face turning red again.

This was fun.

"I, uh, well no," he said quietly, "I don't really date much, I guess," he sighed.

"Well, why not? I can't imagine you having trouble finding a date," you urged.

His face got even redder, and you just had to grab his hand. His embarrassment was so endearing. He towered over you, shoulders broad and strong.

"I'm not joking, you know," you whispered to him. "Any girl should be lucky to go on a date with you."

He remained silent, his face seeming stunned. You'd just made it weird.

"Okay, well, Ron, would you like to go on a date with me?" You finally challenged. He wasn't picking up any signals, so... you went for it.

"Bloody hell.... like, alone?" He finally responded.

What?

You did your best to stifle a giggle.

"Yes, Ronald, alone... with me."

He perked up a bit.

"That's so kind, Allie, I'd love to," he said, hopefully just trying not to sound too eager.

"Great, so, Saturday we can go to Hogsmeade? I'll remind you, don't worry," you offered.

He wrapped you in what was probably the best hug you'd ever had, his arms warm and strong, and he smelled like cinnamon, pumpkin, and spearmint, and this time, you were the one blushing.