XI.

Ron's POV:
    There she goes again, testing my bloody limits. Her hand brushing my thigh in class. As if watching her change this morning, and seeing the marks I left on her last night wasn't torture enough. My trousers were already tightening. Fuck.

Harry wouldn't stop acting like a jealous git either. He barely looked at me, hardly talked to me, and his overall demeanor was stormy and irritated. All this time, I finally find a girlfriend and he can't even be happy about it. Typical.

...
After Charms you had Potions, and since Ron was already struggling, you decided not to make it any harder on him. Instead, you took diligent notes on the lesson, easily studied later on. You thought you'd make him a copy of your notes, after looking over and seeing that his own were barely legible and disorganized.

Slughorn was teaching how to brew a Strengthening Potion, which was interesting enough already, but you had thoughts of where it could be used practically. Maybe... to help a boy sneak up the stairs into the girl's dormitory? It would be easier to climb up a slide if one's physical strength was enhanced, right? If Ron stayed the night in the girl's dormitory with you, Harry would be free to sneak Ginny in, and maybe he could stop acting the way he was..

...

On the way to lunch, you explained your idea to Ron.

"If it works, maybe he'll remove me from his shit list," you explained.

"It is brilliant, but do you think it could be bypassed that easily?"

"There's only one way to find out. But the potion requires a pretty... morbid ingredient."

Ron looked at you wide-eyed.

"Well, what is it then?"

"An arm bone.."

Ron laughed nervously. "Where the hell would we get one of those?"

You shrugged. "It's just a thought. But it doesn't say anywhere that the arm bone has to be human. I'm sure there's some kind of 'arm' bone in the stores closet?"

"I think you'd better talk to Hermione about this one. I'm awful at potions."

You arrived finally at the Great Hall, taking your usual seat next to Ron. You enjoyed this time with him, and it would have been even more enjoyable if Harry didn't act like he'd bitten into a raw lemon each time he saw you and Ron together.

"Hermione, do you know how to make the Strength Potion?" You came flat out with it.

"Well, yes, but it requires an arm bone."

"Doessssss it have to be a human arm bone?"

"I imagine not. That's cruel. What are you wanting to make one for?"

You leaned in, whispering your plan to her, including the part about Harry and Ginny. She laughed.

"Well. That's definitely a unique idea. Mad, but it might work. Are you expecting me to leave for the evening, then?"

"No, I mean, it doesn't have to be that way," you explained, nervously. "It's mostly about doing something nice for Harry and Ginny, since he seems to be so irritated with Ron and I."

Hermione nodded her head, sighing. "Right, well, if it's for the greater good, and not just so you can fool around with Ronald within my earshot, or sight," she shuddered, "I can make it for you."

You threw your arms around her, thanking her relentlessly. Ron was eating, seemingly not paying attention to your conversation, but gave you a bright-eyed smile when he noticed your reaction.