Chapter 04 (Being secretive gets you in trouble )

As soon as Allan left, the kids parted ways to do their own things. However Kenny did promise his sister he would finish the teatime session he had with her from the day before, so he had that to do. Angie did tell her Mom that Dad left so she did her mission. Jessica however, she went to find her mother again as always trying to spend time with her. Terrance went to his room to do whatever he thought would be entertaining to keep himself distracted and to avoid bumping into his mother.

————

"I wonder.." Flora whispered. She picked up a family photo of the family. "If I burnt their faces next time they have their execution..how would they react?" She pondered for a while on that thought. "Hmm.. that's good enough, I'll just purchase a flamethrower is all." She said to myself , concluding her own question. She put the photo back in its place and sat down on my bed.

'I've been so frustrated. . . It's so annoying how the last execution didn't satisfy me enough. Perhaps I could make a second one today! That could work.'

Her thoughts were interrupted by a knock. She widened my eyes at this, she then heard multiple knocks on her door. She stood up quickly and brushed any unwanted dust from her dress. She cleared her throat a bit and went to open the door. As soon as the door opened her eyes met with her daughter , Jessica.
"Hey Mom!" She exclaimed. "Oh greetings Jessica!" Flora replied as she smiled subconsciously at her. "Mom, I was thinking.. if we could hang out more!" Jessica requested. Flora tilted her head in confusion. "What do you mean sweetie?" She asked. "I mean like- uhh- just having fun together I suppose-? Because we only talk and that's all , I was hoping for more?-" Jessica had said.

"Ohhh. . . I think I get what you mean now." Flora said.

'Having fun together? Hm. . .'

"Well still- what did you mean by having fun together though?" She questioned at her. Her gaze never left Flora's as she thought about it. "Maybe we could shop together since you never bring anyone to shop with you." Jessica smiled. Flora stiffened at that comment. She took a deep breath and kept her composure. "Sure sweetie. . ." She answered slightly being unsettled.

Jessica's brown eyes soon widened. "Oh thank you so much mom!" Jessica thanked her , smiling extremely hard. Flora couldn't help but giggle at the sight of this. Jessica can be such a childish girl at times, but she supposed that's her specialty in making people smile. "So mom, when are you going to go shopping again?" She questioned clearly trying contain her excitement.

Flora let out a hum of thinking.

'If it was Tuesday. . . then perhaps I could go shopping on Thursday? Hmm well why not?'

She turned to look at her directly and smiled kindly. "Why, I believe I'll have to restock on food by Thursday dear." She answered with a tone just like of sweet honey. Jessica blinked for a moment before saying "Ok well, I guess I'll join you by then?"

"Of course darling, only if your alright with the date." Flora exclaimed as she booped her nose softly as she let out a small laugh. "Of course Mom! I'm ok with Thursday." She replied as an answer while rubbing her nose. "Well then that's great to hear!" She managed to say. "I can't wait for the day to come Jessie." Jessica looked surprised for split second before giving a toothy smile. "I can't wait either as well Mom! I'm so excited!" Jessica excitedly stated.

Flora laughed openly out loud for how excited Jessica was excited to spend some time with me. It melted her heart. "Jessica please remember something." She started to say. Jessica cocked her head a bit to the side in confusion. "What is it Mom?" She questioned. Flora looked over at her and gave her a big motherly hug , She felt her flinch a little before warming up a bit. "Please remember that I love you so much." She stated simply. Jessica was left frozen a bit , before hugging back tightly as she could. "I- I will Mom I swear." She stated. "I love you so much too!'' she finished speaking with a smile.

Flora kept hugging her until she felt a few tears leaking out of Jessica's eyes. As if it were an instinct , she let go of the hug and cupped her cheeks, carefully wiping her tears away. "Aw. . . why are you crying sweetie?" She began to question. She grabbed her hands and made her let go of her cupping her cheeks. She sniffed a bit and wiped her remaining tears with her arms. "I-It's n-nothing m-mom." She began to speak. Flora moved a hand towards her which she prevented her to do. "I'm just so happy, that's all." She looked up with a crooked smile.

Flora began to sigh, she let her worries go and felt herself be relaxed. "Well alright then my little butterfly." She replied. Jessica leaned herself onto her closing her eyes slowly. Flora subconsciously let her get closer to her and wrapped her arms to her.

'Mmm, I guess all the happy tears made her fall asleep.'
She laughed at the thought.
'Oh well, I can't just leave her here, and I would never forgive myself if I woke her up.'

She sighed and hugged her tighter, sharing her body heat with hers. She felt at peace and soon her frustration faded away for a while.

She then remembered on what her schedule was supposed to be for today. She grimaced a bit before making a sinister smile, knowing Jessica had fell to a deep sleep.

'You pesky rats were lucky I had got distracted by Jessica, or else I would have teared your limbs apart slowly today. Maybe you should be more grateful she even exists than you only hanging out with each other you bunch of mistakes.'

She laughed internally knowing that Jessica was resting as to not disturb her or wake her up, She would have loads of time to plan another execution for the next one.