The Zero Pointer and Strawberry Cake

"Do you really think going to UA will help the case?" Watari asks, pouring L some tea.

"If all for one's goal is to take down All Might, he still thinks that All Might still has the full capability of one for all but really, the kid does. He might send some of his lackeys to find out intel on UA and All Might. So at the moment, we have the upper hand." L explains, then sipping his tea. "I see. When do you start going to the hero school?" The older man asks. "Tomorrow is the entrance exams. To get the attention off me, I don't want to be recommended. All I need to do is stay in the background and watch from the shadows. Besides, I want to find out more on All Might's successor." L answers. "What's your purpose on doing that? All Might did tell you that he doesn't want his successor involved in the case." Watari says. "He doesn't want to involve the successor seeing that it'll look less obvious that all might found a successor. I need to find out who they are beforehand. I don't want whoever they are to be in danger because of the quirk they now possess, they probably don't even know about all for one." L responds.

His phone rings, picking it up by his finger, he puts the phone against his ear.

"Yes?"

"Hello y/n! I was meant to call you because Nezu wants to tell you that he doesn't have any information for your files, nor do you have any costume designs of the sort--

"All Might, who are you talking to?"

"Y-young midoriya! Just a co-worker!"

L's eyes widen as he looks at Watari, blocking the speaker part of the phone, he whispers, "I'm pretty sure this midoriya kid is his successor. He sounds pretty young, look up his information. I'm sure UA already has files on him since he filed for the school earlier on." Watari nodded and walks into another room.

"I'll fill out the paperwork tomorrow morning. Bye." He hangs up the phone.

"Sir, I got the information from Nezu. The kid's name is Izuku Midoriya." Watari explains. "He also said he won't tell all might considering the information we found could bring attention to both you and all might." Watari adds. "Good. For now, we'll wait." L says, putting sugar cubes into his tea cup.

~~

L stands in front of the gates wearing his regularly attire and black one strap sandals. The most noticeable feature on him is the dark circles under his eyes from his sleep deprivation. He walks towards the doors, passing a greenette. The two make eye contact as L walks by, continuing to the doors, he walks inside the huge school.

After the written exams and Present Mic explaining what to do for the physical exam, L stands in front of a gate. Inside was a fake urban city where you had to destroy robots that had points with them.

As the giant doors open up, the examinees all run inside. L walks inside, looking at all of them and their quirks. "I guess I should get some points." He mutters as three 3-pointers run up on him. He uses his quirk and drains the electricity out of them, all three of them drop to the ground. L continues doing this, now having at least 34 points. He goes to destroy another robot when the ground begins shaking.

That's when two zero pointers appear. The other examinees scream and run away from them. "Help! Please!" L looks to see a girl with short brown hair trapped inbetween some rubble. As L goes to help her, a giant swoosh of wind makes him drag a few feet back. He looks up to see the kid, Izuku Midoriya, pull his arm back as he punches the robot and L guessed it was one for all. Midoriya slowly falls back to the ground with a broken leg and arm. The brown hair girl smacks him and makes him float before he lightly lands on the ground.

The other zero pointer goes towards them with crazy speed as the greenette tried to get back up only to stare to see L walking in front of him. He lifts his arm out and makes a 'dragging' motion with his finger and the electricity in the robot drains away, before crashing into a building and exploding.

Midoriya stares at L with widen eyes as the tired looking male looks back at him with a blank look. 'He's insane.' Midoriya thought before passing out.

The teachers jaws are dropped at what just happened. Trying to process it, All Might stares as L pokes his successor's cheek like that would wake him up or something.

"I didn't know he was so powerful." All Might whispers. "He's a very mysterious person, it's expected for him to be hidden with surprises." Nezu whispers back with a smile.

~~

Izuku jerks up and groans in pain. "Slow it down my boy." All Might says. "All Might? Did you see that guy and his quirk?! It was insane!" Izuku exclaims. "Yeah. He's a very strong individual." All Might replies. "I wonder if he's still here, I wanna ask him about his quirk!" Izuku says with excitement. "I'm afraid he already left my boy." Izuku sits there with a pout. 'Hopefully he makes it.' He thought to himself.

A few hours before-

L sits in front of Nezu as he fills out his paper work, putting in fake information just in case, for his quirk it didn't matter since no one besides Watari knew what it was anyway.

"What is your quirk y/n-kun?" Nezu asks, sipping his tea. Aizawa glances at L with interest but it didn't show on his face. "I call it drain. I can drain anything to the atomic level." L explains. "Wow! That's how you took out all the electricity out of my robots!" Nezu exclaims.  L nodded in reply as Watari walks into the room.

"Are you ready sir?" He asks. L nodded and stood up. "It's all there. I'll see you soon gentlemen." L says, the two bowing and walking out of the room.

"Do you think he can actually figure out if there's a traitor or not?" Aizawa asks, glancing at the principal. "Only time will tell Aizawa-kun. But I have high hopes for him." Nezu responds, staring at the door.

~~

-One Week Later-

Watari hands L an envelope with a UA symbol on it, opening it up, only a letter lays inside. The tired male scans the letter.

Dear y/n-kun! It is to my pleasure that you have made it into UA! You will be joining the other hero course students in 1-A. You placed fourth in the entrance exams with 34 villain points but that's not all! Rescue points! For destroying the zero pointer and saving two examinees, you have 38 rescue points! Welcome to UA y/n-kun!

- Principal Nezu of UA

"Looks like I made it." L says, putting the letter on the coffee table. "Good job sir." Watari says, clapping a few times. "Thank you, Watari." L replies, as he takes a bite of his strawberry cake. "This case might get really complicated if there are traitors." L mutters. "I'm positive you'll figure it out if there are traitors sir." Watari replies. "Let's just hope there aren't any. Because if there is traitors, all for one won't see what's coming." L replies, gripping the rim of his tea cup.