chapter 5

Erin's Pov:

Everyone had headed home besides Jay and me. We stayed behind to finish paperwork. I'm about to go check on Phoebe once I finish. I feel so bad for her. She must be so scared right now. I get up to see if Phoebe is still asleep; and she is. She must have been so tired.

"I really don't want to wake her." I say to Jay.

"Then don't. Here I can carry her to my car and drive her to your apartment. If that's okay with you." Jay says to me.

"Thanks Jay. If you're up for it I can order some pizza and we can have a beer as a thank you. Also i want to order food just in case she wakes up on the ride over and gets hungry."

"I'm down." He says smiling at me. We just stand there smiling at each other until we hear movement on the couch. I look over to see Phoebe rubbing her eyes.

"Hey. You were out for a couple of hours. Are you hungry?" I ask her as she sits up.

"Yeah." she says in a sleepy voice.

"How does pizza sound?" I ask her.

"Good."

"Good. Now let's go back to my place and i'll order some pizza." I tell her. She gets up and see's jay.

"Hey Jay. What are you still doing here?" She asks him.

"I was going to bring you to Erin's because you were still asleep but you're awake now, so imma head out." He tells her while looking back and forth between us.

"Wait, can he come over and eat with us too?" Phoebe asks me.

"Sure, he can still come over and have some pizza and a beer. If that's okay with him." I look at him and he smiles.

"Yeah sure. That'd be great. I'll meet you guys over there." He says to us. He walks down stairs and we follow right behind him. We get in the car and Phoebe looks at me and raises her eyebrow.

"I'm not blind, you know." She looks at me smiling. What does she mean by that?

"What do you mean?" I ask her. I am really curious. 

"I see the way you two look at eachother. Has anything ever happened between you." My mouth drops as she is saying this.

"I don't know what you're talking about. There is nothing going on between me and Jay!" I tell her but she looks like she doesn't believe me. So I start the car and drive out of the parking lot and head to the apartment. I don't live far, maybe about 15-20 mins.

"No, but you both want something to happen between you guys. You can just tell by the way you two act together. And the way he looks at you is just ugh adorable." I look at her confused. "Come on! You have to see it too. I'm surprised no one said anything to you guys before." We look at each other smiling.

We arrived at the apartment before Jay which is weird. He should have beat us here. I don't know what I expected him to do. It's not like he has a key. The only one who has a key is Hank.

"Is it okay if i shower? I have a hoodie and sweatpants in my bag."

"Yeah sure. While you're in there I'll order pizza. Cheese or pepperoni?" I ask her.

"I'll eat either. And thank you." I smile at her and point to the bathroom.

While she's getting in the shower I order the pizza. I go check my fridge to see how many beers I have left, which is only 3. That's just great. I walk into my room and put on some sweatpants and a t-shirt then I hear a knock on the door. I open the door to see Jay holding up a case of beer, smiling at me. I smile back, shaking my head at him.

"Good. I only have 3 left." I tell him.

"Well it's a good thing i know you then." He says this to me and we just stare at each other smiling. We're interrupted by a smiling Phoebe.

"Why don't we watch a movie until the food gets here." I suggest to them.

"Yeah fine with me" Phoebe says, still smiling at us. Jay looks confused while looking at the both of us. We both just start laughing.

We make our way to the couch then I hear another knock on the door

We make our way to the couch then I hear another knock on the door. It must be the pizza. I grab my wallet and open the door and pay. I take the pizza over to the coffee table. Before I sit down I grab a soda from the fridge and hand it to Phoebe, since she's too young to have beer. Phoebe sat on the other couch and nodded to me to sit beside Jay. I sit next to him to see what she is trying to prove. We turn on a movie and eat some pizza. Phoebe is first to fall asleep. Jay and I just keep on watching the movie. Jay and I finally doze off and I didn't even care. I wasn't going to wake him up just to make him go home. There was no need, so I let him stay.