Chapter 25 : Mirage

"So how are you going to end it?" Khushi asks Ahir.
The perfect couple - Khushi and Ahir. One a filmmaker, the other a photographer. While Ahir would carve the beautiful stories in his mind, and turn them into reality, Khushi would capture reality through her lens and make it look like a dream. Both complemented each other like none other.

This one story Ahir was working on, was close to his heart. His characters were more real than ever. While Khushi's character was based on his wife, the one of Kabir was fictitious. Khushi would always tell him to make sure that it has a happy ending, for she is the muse of the tale and deserved all the happiness. Ahir had not thought of the ending yet. He had been struggling hard to end his tale.

Months have passed by and yet he searches for this perfect ending. Khushi wants it to be happy. But happy for whom? Kabir? Khushi? Ahir? How can one's happiness entail other's? Ahir's sacrifice, Kabir's desire, Khushi's aspiration. Everything was right, or perhaps wrong.

On paper, Kabir and Khushi were perfect. But, would a relationship like that survive in reality? Would a girl like Khushi be happy with Kabir? Was it their reality? It wasn't. There was no Kabir in their world. There was just Ahir and Khushi, and their little world, full of perfections and imperfections. So, should he consider their reality as the one that should dictate the end of his story?

"Why are you so hung up on the ending Ahir!" Khushi asks, noticing Ahir's constant deliberation for days. "I am not sure whose happiness should I put first Khushi!" he responds honestly. "Put mine!" she jokes. When Ahir looks at her, she realises what she has just said. She knows, Khushi's immediate happiness is Kabir. But in the long run, it would be Ahir.

Khushi needed someone like Ahir to be grounded, and to be protected. Kabir was like fire. The one she needed badly. The one she needed, to always be on the fence. The one that brought out a need she never knew she had. But, Kabir was also the one who would demand so much. For her to give away herself completely. But Kabir was also the one who would forever make her experience love in the truest form.

So, love or life? What should Khushi choose? Ahir was on the verge of writing her destiny. If he made Khushi choose her dreams over motherhood, would it do justice to the heart that she had, that is so full of love for Kabir. But, if he makes her choose motherhood, would it do justice to the heart full of dreams and aspirations? Khushi will be happy with Ahir. But just happy. Not in love.

So what should Ahir, the filmmaker do? Should he make the fictional Khushi choose Kabir? Or should fiction follow reality? In the real world, Khushi and Ahir are together. But in the world of Destiny Tales, would reality be any different?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who are confused about the ending, this is not the end. However, the next chapter will be the last one. This chapter reveals the reality. That the entire story of Kabir and Khushi is the one written by Ahir. In reality, Ahir is married to Khushi. This was a book in a book. Ahir was the creator of this book, all this while! Hope you like this twist. Stay tuned for the end :)