Chapter 9 - Bad Day or Good Luck?

"Strike higher with the blade."

"Hit the air like this!"

"Take the hilt of the sword this way."

"Not like this! Turn your hand the other way!"

"Put one foot here and the other one there."

"My God Athanasia! It's supposedly easy!"

Athanasia had already been training hard with Carsein and Lucas for 3 weeks. But she could very clearly see the difference between them and the way they worked. Carsein was strict in his way of doing things - even though one might have thought otherwise - but was very clear in what he said and showed her what to do and how to do it. But Lucas...

Athanasia sighed as she got up from her sofa, having recently finished changing.

Lucas had a very strange way of learning. He would explain things by making strange gestures with his hands before clenching his fists and shouting "Like that!" in a proud and pretentious way. After so many such incomplete explanations, she had finally managed to make two or three objects float. It was still nothing compared to what the magician could do, but for the blonde, it was already a feat! So she gave herself a break for a day and canceled her class with Lucas. Anyway, he was planning to see her tonight so there was no problem.

"Carsein." She stuck her head in the gap in the door and watched the guard turn towards her with a big smile.

"Yeah?" The atmosphere around them was warm and the young teenager finally left her whole body out of the room.

"Let's go see my father." When he heard this, Carsein thought he was dreaming. Had she just asked the man who had been neglecting her for 14 years? Why so suddenly?

"I'm just going to warn him that I'm going to The Hunting Season, nothing more, nothing less." She tried to reassure the redhead who stared at her with worried eyes. He didn't want to see her in the state she was in last time. He did not want the three royalties to meet. It had worked for the last three weeks - he was doing everything he could to keep Jeanette and Athanasia from coming into contact - but from then on she herself asked to see him. He could have conveyed the message himself.

In her side, she had taken care to warn him and Lucas of her intention to participate in the hunt. At first they were reluctant and then had no choice but to accept; neither of them could resist the blonde. Magic was forbidden in this competition but she still wanted to know how to use it, she needed it.

"I get it, let's go to Garnett Palace." She smiled sweetly at him before the two of them decided to set off. They ended up arriving in front of the big doors of the palace and she was not surprised to find no one there, she knew how much Claude could hate the presence of people.

Athanasia was almost trotting and Carsein watched her do it, not understanding why she was in such a state. "Athanasia, are you all right?" The girl turned towards him, slowing down in her trot.

"Of course I'm okay! Why?" Their eyes crossed and the redhead shrugged his shoulders in front of her look that seemed perfectly normal. He wanted to tell her to slow down - she had started to speed up again, her face always turned towards him - but it was too late.

BANG

Two people found themselves on the ground. The first one, a princess who found herself disoriented by the shock that had literally sent her waltzing. The second, a brown male who dusted off his clothes before getting up and reaching out his hand to Athanasia.

"I'm so sorry!" She took the hand of the stranger, all embarrassed, and he helped her get up. "I wasn't looking where I was going, how dizzy I can get sometimes!" She bowed respectfully without stopping her apology.