Chapter 3

Thank you all for your continued support of this new story. I hope you continue to enjoy it!

Happy Reading! 

><

This was it. No way out. Yara hated the idea of giving up, but she was a realist. She had been in enough firefights to know when it was a no-win situation. "Get out of here," she told The Mandalorian. 

He just tightened his grip on her, shielding her as best he could. 

"There's no reason for you to die with us," she said, but it was clear he either couldn't hear her or he wasn't going to listen. 

Suddenly an explosion took out one of the hunters over their shoulder. Yara's head snapped to the side and her eyes widened a second before a Mandalorian in a jet pack appeared, landing beside them. More came into view, shooting and taking out the hunters that surrounded them. There were a couple dozen of them coming to their aid. She hadn't realized there were that many Mandalorians left in the galaxy, let alone here on Nevarro.

A heavy infantry Mandalorian landed beside them, effortlessly touching down in his jet pack. "Get out of here," he called to her Mandalorian. How quickly Yara had started to think of him as her Mandalorian. "We'll hold them off," the heavy infantry Mandalorian said.

"You're going to have to relocate the covert," her Mandalorian warned.

"This is the Way," the other one said.

"This is the Way," her Mandalorian responded and he inclined his head to the other man.

Her Mandalorian reached down and grabbed her hand, pulling her up after him. He pushed her ahead of him, so his back was to the hunters in case anyone got a shot off. Most of them however were either fighting the Mandalorians or were actively fleeing from the renowned warriors. The two of them ran for it.

"There!" he called pointing to an older looking metal ship parked on the edge of town.

Yara ran for all she was worth, holding the child against her chest. The two of them ran up the ramp and paused, fighting to catch their breath. Yara leaned against the wall as her limbs trembled and sweat ran down her back. The Mandalorian breathed a sigh of relief and reached out to close the ramp. The controls were just beside her and she only caught his movement out of the corner of her eye. Yara flinch as though he may strike her and she swung around with her blaster still in her hand.

"Hey, hey," the Mandalorian said holding his empty hands up. "You're safe," he promised her. "Remember. I saved you."

Yara lowered her blaster. She was a little embarrassed by her reaction and covered her discomfort with a confident snort. "More like I saved you," she countered. "Did you even have a plan for getting out of there?" she asked. "Or was it just going to be a suicide run?" 

The Mandalorian cocked his head to the side. Staring at the small woman in surprise. She wasn't what he expected. As a prisoner she had looked thin and small and weak. In less than an hour's time he was realizing he had judged her wrong on all accounts. She was a strange combination of vulnerability, strength, and astonishing skill.

"How about we call it even," he said, his voice a low rumble through his modulator. 

Yara nodded begrudgingly. She turned to look around the small ship. It was quite a bit smaller than her family's freighter, despite it being an older ship it was clean and clearly well cared for.  Together they walked deeper into the ship. The Mandalorian reached out to the controls to close the ramp. Yara closed her eyes and took a deep breath trying to get her heart to stop pounding so hard, but as soon as her eyes closed she saw a flash of a blaster.