Chapter 15

Hello all! Hope you are doing well! It's been a wild night in the news tonight!

Thank you for all of your amazing support!

Happy Reading!

><

Mando forced himself to focus on the job at hand. He couldn't go after Fennec if he was distracted and Yara was becoming increasingly more distracting. The feel of her pulled tight against his back had his jaw tightening. On Sorgan he had been able to convince himself to keep his distance because she wasn't coming with him. That wasn't the case now that she was a member of his crew. It was harder to convince himself that keeping their distance really was the best plan. Mando was not a man who was easily distracted, but Yara seemed to be doing an excellent job of it with nothing more than resting her hands against his stomach.

Mando held up his hand and slowed his speeder. Toro obeyed and turned to him as Mando and Yara climbed off the bike. Yara glanced towards Mando's helmet but when he didn't seem tense or upset she began to survey their surroundings. Mando let himself watch her for a second. When she couldn't see or hear anything she closed her eyes and a small frown formed between her eyes.

"What's going on?" Toro called in confusion. His obnoxious voice grated on Mando's patience.

"Look," Mando said pointing off to the horizon. "Up ahead."

Toro climbed off his bike and pulled his binocs out. "Tusken Raiders," he called back. "I heard the locals talking about this filth."

Mando gently touched Yara's arm to get her attention. She jumped and her eyes flashed open. She looked up into his helmet and shook her head. She hadn't been able to use her gift. He nodded and then motioned for her to step away from him and hold their hands calmly at their sides. Two tusken's came around the edge of a dune approaching them.

Mando motioned once more for Yara to stay calm and be calm with her body language. She cocked her head to the side as she stared at the two approaching them but she didn't appear panicked. She was tougher than he gave her credit for.

"Tuskens think they are the locals, everyone else is just trespassing," Mando said.

Toro hadn't noticed the approaching Raiders. Had they not brought him with them the kid would have been dead several times over all ready. "Well whatever they call themselves, they best keep their distance," Toro growled importantly.

"Yeah?" Mando taunted. "Why don't you tell them yourself?" Mando suggested calmly.

Toro turned and flinched when he finally saw the two Tuskens who had approached. He reached for his gun but Mando stepped forward between them. The last thing they needed was this hotshot shooting one of them and then the whole tribe would hunt them down. He held out a hand to Toro. "Relax," he ordered dismissively.

Mando began signing with the two raiders. Toro took Yara's arm a little roughly and pulled her back behind him as though he were protecting her. Yara shot a glare at him and shook off his grip.

The Tuskens continued to sign with Mando. Yara watched them in fascination. She had never met someone who had ever even tried to communicate with Tuskens, let alone went to the trouble to learn their language. Mando signed fluidly and without pause which made her think he was extremely fluent in their language.

"What's going on?" Toro asked suspiciously. He didn't like that Mando was the only one who seemed to know what was happening.

"We need passage across their land," Mando said as he continued to gesture.