Chapter 8

Holy cats you guys. I just finished the season 2 finale and I don't even know what to say!! I won't say anything because spoilers but wow! I was super inspired to write so here you are...

Happy Reading!

><

Yara tried not to notice the tension rolling off of Cara as the three of them walked back to the village. It made the hairs on the back of her neck stand up like it was low level static she couldn't ignore. She was normally more careful not to reveal what she could do in quite that obvious of a manner. It tended to lead to people staring at her like Cara was now. Like she was some kind of freak.

To try and distract herself she looked up at Mando. "What are you going to tell them?" she asked jerking her chin towards the village. There wasn't a lot of time to decide.

Mando heard something off in Yara's voice. He hesitated and stopped, turning his helmet to look in her face. Yara looked tired and her eyes flickered back to Cara when she stopped, but she faced him. Mando resisted the urge to glance at Cara. Yara had probably saved the shock troopers life, but he knew it could be a little disorienting at first when you tried to sort it all out in your head. He hadn't realized how comfortable he had become with her warnings until now.

Mando shrugged. "The truth," he told her.

Yara pinched her lips together but nodded. She was still on edge. She rubbed at her temple as though she had a headache.

"Come on," he said jerking his chin. "Let's go get this over with," then he reached down and lightly touched her elbow so she would walk up next to him instead of behind him. It was a casual touch,
one that seemed so natural he didn't even think about it or realize he had done it.

When they came out of the trees they saw that the whole village was waiting for their return. Mando stepped up onto the porch of one of the main buildings that provided him with a little height over the crowd. He turned to address them. "Bad news," he said without preamble. "You can't live here anymore."

Yara gaped at him as the entire village erupted in shock. She couldn't believe he had just blurted that out.

Cara shared a look of disbelief with Yara before she leaned towards Mando. "Nice bedside manner," Cara hissed.

"You think you can do better?" he challenged.

"Can't do much worse," she muttered and she stepped forward, drawing the attention of the crowd back to her.

Mando gratefully took a step back and leaned against the side of the hut next to Yara. She was still distracted, but she seemed better.

"I know this is not the news you wanted to hear, but there are no other options," Cara said gravely.

"You took the job!" one of the men cried out loudly.

"That was before we knew about the AT-ST," Cara said defensively.

"What is that?" the same man asked.

Cara crossed her arms over her chest and scowled down at the crowd. "The armored walker with two enormous guns that you knew about and didn't tell us."

The crowd began murmuring again, all calling for help.

"We have no where to go," Omera said.

Yara took pity on Cara at that point and stepped up next to the much taller woman. "Sure you do," Yara said. "This is a big planet...I mean, I've seen smaller," she allowed.