Chapter 8: The Bonfire

Sitting in Jacob's car in the backseat I was super anxious. Seth sat in the back beside me, although he had to sit a bit sideways since his legs were so long. "Once we pick up Bella can I just run Hannah back to the beach? Your car is so small," Seth whined.

Jacob adjusted the radio sound in the car, saying, "Don't bash my baby. And I already told you that I need Hannah to at least be with us for the first hour so I can cool off Cullen. Bella told me he is pouty about her coming here and will only feel better knowing Hannah is around so none of us lose control."

We drove about two miles outside of La Push then. Jacob brought the car to a park on the side of the road and got out. Seth got out too but only so he could stretch his legs. I felt awkward in the car alone, so I got out on Seth's side. He immediately pulled me into his warm arms. I was glad he did, because the gray pullover I wore didn't seem to be calming my shivers as the sun started to set behind the cloudy sky.

Jacob leaned back against the car with a sigh. "They're coming."

Seth noticed I went tense and rubbed circles on my back. "Edward won't hurt you, Han. He was concerned about you when you were sick the other day."

This relaxed me slightly.

A familiar silver Volvo pulled around the corner and stopped a few meters away. Edward got out and opened the door for Bella. Jacob stayed against his car while Bella got out. She was wearing a black biker jacket which looked pretty on her.

Edward whispered something to her and kissed her on the lips. She kissed him back. I watched with bewilderment. She was kissing a vampire and didn't even flinch. Then I realized, if Edward could kiss Bella who was as human as me, there really was nothing to be so afraid of when it came to the Cullens.

"Get a room," Jacob muttered.

Seth had walked us around to stand beside him. "Be nice, Jake... remember who helped us find Hannah the other week."

Jacob huffed. Bella finally weaseled out of her boyfriend's arms and went to the back of his Volvo. He helped her pull out the small motorcycle her and Jacob had worked on in the past.

My brother scoffed. "So overprotective," he muttered. "Poor Bella can't even keep her bike."

I leaned into Seth and said softly, "From what I hear she probably shouldn't ride bikes... isn't she danger prone? She crashed the last time she rode with you, Seth told me..."

My brother pouted. "Whose side are you on?"

I grimaced. I hung my head slightly. I wasn't really sure anymore. But I answered, "Seth's."

My werewolf protector laughed, more so because I was literally on his side, leaning into him.

Edward and Bella walked over to us then. Edward was carrying Bella's bike with ease, as if it weighed nothing more than a bag of feathers. His strength was definitely revealed to me in that moment. I became nervous but tried not to completely freak out.

Bella was relieved when she saw me. "Hannah! It's so good to see you up and about. How are you feeling?"

I tried to speak, although my voice was a little shaken with the presence of Edward. "Better. Just tired." I then sighed. I really wished I was at home right now and not being forced to this bonfire.

"I'm glad to hear," Edward commented. "You look a bit more spirited than before. I can see Bella was right about you being pretty. It shows more when you're not half dead."

I surprisingly blushed from his compliment.

Edward spoke to Jacob after he set Bella's bike to stand on its own. "I need to talk to you about something... in regards to Hannah." He looked over at me. "I'm not sure if she should hear it. Alice saw something."