Chapter 9: The Date

Chapter 9: The Date

The next day, after earning a strong reprimand from Jacob about letting Seth try to take advantage of me through our kiss, I prepared for my first date ever. My dad was amused by Jacob's overprotective nature. My brother was bitter and he warned Seth when he heard about our date that morning that he wanted me in the house at 9pm sharp. My dad rolled his eyes and told us 10pm was more reasonable.

Bella had been over with Jacob since noon (they both got out of school early) and they had gone on a walk after Jacob took a small nap. Leah hovered in the house a bit irritated that she was still stuck babysitting when Jacob was home. Jacob and Bella disappeared for a few hours. Jacob came back around 5:30 and Charlie drove separately behind him. Charlie was coming over to hang with my dad while I went out.

As they came in, Leah slipped out the backdoor so Charlie wouldn't see her. Dad, who was in his chair in the living room with me, could see Jacob was pleased about something. He asked and Jacob explained he kissed Bella and she broke her hand. Dad let out a heavy breath. Charlie didn't seem concerned. Charlie then asked me why I wasn't ready yet. He had heard I had a date. I was immediately embarrassed and went back to my room.

I knew the restaurant that Seth was taking me to was not too fancy, but I didn't want to go on my first date looking like I did back at the hospital. Thankfully Bella helped me pick out an outfit when she heard I was stressing over it earlier today. Jacob had already told me Seth was planning on wearing a white button up and black pants that Sam had loaned him. I wore a black skirt, and a dark green blouse with some black sandals and a gold necklace. The blouse had once been tight but now it was loose on my underweight body. I hoped my clothes would fit again once I started getting my appetite back some more. The skirt was elastic at the waist so thankfully it was tight enough not to fall off. I hadn't dressed up since Harry's funeral. I put my hair up in a ponytail, which I hadn't done since receiving my scar back in January.

When I was finally dressed, I headed out into the living room. My dad was watching a football game recap with Charlie. Walking over to the vacant side of the couch, Charlie, Jacob, and my dad were amazed.

I immediately felt self-conscious. "What?"

Charlie smiled widely. "Hannah. You're beautiful! Seth is going to be blown away."

My dad was teary-eyed. "You look so much like your mom. It's a good thing you and Jacob are fraternal twins."

Charlie laughed. "Yeah. Jake would be a weird looking guy if he looked like Hannah."

Jacob rolled his eyes at Charlie, but did laugh at the thought. He stood and left the room, while I took a seat on the sofa. He came back a moment later with a black leather jacket that was Rachel's. "It's supposed to get a little cool tonight. If you get uncomfortable please call me. You have your cell phone right?"

Jacob's overprotective nature was amusing to Charlie. "I so wish Bella would fall for you, Jake."

Jacob nodded. "Yeah. Me too, Charlie." Jacob then asked, "You think Bella is still pissed about the kiss?"

I spoke up taking the jacket, "You're such a hypocrite, Jacob."

He looked at me with confusion.

I spoke again. "You get mad at me and Seth for kissing willingly, but you force a kiss on Bella. How is ours worse than yours?"

Jacob narrowed his eyes. "Three words: Kissing in bed."

Charlie was shocked. He immediately scolded me for that. I sighed. It felt like I had three dads suddenly. "We weren't going to do anything. Seth isn't like that."