Chapter 11: The Last Day

Waking up groggily, I was relieved to see Seth was still with me. He had kept his promise to stay by my side last night. He was awake, looking at the drawing again from the night before. His finger traced over his wolf body absentmindedly as he tried not to wake me.

"Sorry..." I whispered.

He was surprised when he heard me speak, and looked confused. "About what, Han?"

"Your sleep was ruined because of me last night," I muttered. "All over a stupid dream."

He sighed. "I slept. I only woke thirty minutes ago. I'm just glad you were able to sleep without any more dreams last night. I really wish you never begged to be told about Alice's vision though... you weren't mentally ready for that kind of stress after just learning about werewolves and vampires so recently. It's only been two weeks today since you saw Jacob and I phase for the first time."

I grimaced. "Feels like a long time ago honestly. I was out of it for like two days after."

He nodded. "Yeah..." he kissed me softly on the side of my head. "Let's not think about vampires or werewolves today. Let's just have a lazy day. You told me you like Disney movies. I'm not a huge fan, but I'm willing to become one. I know you told me your favorite movie is Mulan. We can watch that first while we eat some breakfast. Jacob and your dad left a few minutes ago to head to Forks, so it's just us. Embry will be over around ten."

I shut my eyes, so glad Seth was so understanding. I felt like I could never give anything to him in return. "Okay... I... I like that idea."

He got up off the bed and stretched. Then he turned and scooped me up. I gasped as I was lifted from the bed. "Seth! I can walk ten feet to the kitchen!"

He smirked. "I know. But then it wouldn't be a lazy day." He carried me into the living room instead and sat me on the couch. "Cereal?"

I blushed and gave a small nod. "I can get it... you're the guest." I went to stand but he leaned forward so he could put his hands on the top of the couch and block me.

"Don't move from this couch. You'll probably slip on a spill in the kitchen with how clumsy you've been lately."

I pouted, but he was gone before I could protest. I heard the clanging of bowls, and the scattering of cereal. The fridge opened and shut. Liquid poured. The fridge was opened and shut again. Seth came back with two plastic bowls of off brand cereal, however his bowl was filled to the brim with barely any milk.

He set his bowl on the coffee table while he handed my bowl to me. Then he opened the cabinet beneath our tv and skimmed through our VHS tapes. He found the one he needed, and put it in. Soon Mulan was playing on the screen.

Seth and I stayed like that for a while. We ate our breakfast, watched the movie, and Seth let me lean against him with no complaint. At 10am Embry came in. We had put in Aladdin now, and Embry walked in with horror.

"No! Don't tell me you let Hannah go Disney again?!" Embry smacked his forehead. "Do you know how long it took Quil, Jake, and I to get her out of that phase?!"

I grabbed the remote and turned the volume up.

Seth shrugged. "Hey. I'm enjoying it."

Embry huffed. "Whatever. I'm going to rummage the pantry before I get stuck hearing mushy music." He disappeared into the kitchen.

I heard Seth sigh. "You didn't tell me they were so controlling in the past."

Embry came back in with a bag of chips. "I heard that Clearwater! Watch it!" He stepped over to the recliner and plopped down. As he ate the chips, he said, "I'm surprised you're not watching Mulan."