chapter 1 ✧ lotto ✧

"Sometimes idols fall for fans, we just have no way of reconnecting with them."

–Jeong Jaehyun 

Jungwoo was a lucky guy, he had the wisdom and insight of an owl. Only right now, he wanted to be a little less lucky. He would rather recoil and hide seeing that fate could be sitting in the palm of his hand.

"Read your ticket! Read your ticket!" Screamed his impatient cousin.

"Okay okay," Jungwoo whispered with a heavy sigh. He finally looked down and saw the winning number:1-2-7 on his raffle.

"Congrats," said the ajumma employee who already knew of the boy's winning ticket. "You're going to NeoSoul Lounge for a private concert." She took down his email and sent over the instructions.

Jungwoo's blonde sideburns were beginning to form tiny sweat beads, he was clearly fuming in apprehension as if he witnessed a ghost. He squeezed his eyes shut.

"You chicken!" Jaemin teased while pointing right in his face. He poked Jungwoo on the side which he didn't like since he was super ticklish, "Hajimaaa!" he barked.

Jungwoo knew that his perceptive cousin read his mind right in that moment. If he was alone, he would have certainly ignored the email and went home like nothing had happened.

"Well, too late now!" Jaemin said in an annoying sarcastic tone.

Actually, Jungwoo thought while looking at his silly-faced cousin. Maybe it's good he's here. I would have hated myself by morning for being such a coward.

"Let's go," Jaemin said, looking at his upside down watch, "we only have five hours left!"

With that he dragged the boy through the streets until they reached their Seoul apartment building.

Just four hours later, the boys arrived at NeoSoul27–the hottest new nightclub in Seoul.

The blasting music could be heard from inside where they both stood. "Okay cousin, see you later!" Jaemin said before disappearing back into the streets to head to Nagwon where he would spend the rest of his night. Jungwoo could only begin to complain before dragging his feet into the club. Once inside, it finally hit him that he was in the same space as his celebrity crush, Jeong Jaehyun.