33. baby came home

WARNINGS: smut, mentions of cheating, relationship conflict

NOTE: this story was inspired by writingbykate who used to post her writing on tumblr, but is no longer active. i thought this was a nice way for her story to live on

You'd loved him from the start.

You couldn't remember a time when you weren't in love with him. Throughout your childhood and high school years, it had always been him. The two of you were a team, completely inseparable. And through the years, you'd seen him go through a beautiful metamorphosis.

He'd grown from the gangly, mischievous teen and the reckless young adult into a man you were proud to share your life with. You knew that he was it for you, that you were going to spend the rest of your life with him. And he felt the same. You'd always been there, even during his worst moments, and he didn't want to lose you. He couldn't.

However, little did he know that he was going to be the one to drive you away.

Bill had spent years working on his acting career. You were there when he'd gotten his first lead in a Swedish film, and you were sitting beside him when he got the callback while auditioning for Hemlock Grove. And best of all, you were there with him when he got the part of Pennywise, the role that would forever change not just his life, but yours too.

You'd never forget the look on his face, the light in his eyes, as he turned to you and mouthed over his phone call, "I got the part!" You'd celebrated by popping a bottle of champagne and giving him a blowjob. Not necessarily in that order.

It was a happy moment in your life, and you cherished it. The day that he left for Ontario to begin filming, you both cried bitter tears, because he would be away for months. Previously, you'd always gone with him on his American shoots, but this time, you couldn't go with him due to circumstances that needed tending to at home. He left you with a kiss and a promise that the months would go by quickly.

And they did, but in the midst of them, they seemed to drag on at an agonizingly slow pace. You busied yourself by spending time with family, yours and his, and working extra hours at your job. It wasn't a job you were passionate about, but it paid the bills.

You shared a modest apartment with Bill. It wasn't much, but it was home, and it fit your needs just fine. Your fondest memories over the years had taken place in that very apartment, and it was home to you. While Bill was away, you'd light some candles and put on music as you cooked dinner, with your phone on the counter as you FaceTimed each other.

Bill often spoke about what things were like on set, what sitting in the makeup chair for hours on end felt like, how exciting yet tiring this shoot was. And you were happy for him, you truly were. But you missed him terribly.

"I miss you, Billy," you confessed as you leaned down against the counter, towards your phone.

His face softened, a wistfulness in his eyes as he nodded. "I miss you too, min kärlek. It's been really hard, being away. This shoot has been fantastic but also fucking exhausting. I wish I could just fall into bed with you for the night and hold you and just forget about it all for a little while."

"I wish that too. I can't wait until you come home." You spoke with conviction, and Bill's heart ached. Oh, how he longed to be with you.