Chapter 1: New information

AN: welcome to Running 2! I hope you guys liked 'Running' this story will continue straight of from there. Enjoy people.

Lila's POV:

I woke up at 5am, as usual, got ready, had breakfast and drove to school. Yes, drove. I got a car when I turned 17 three months ago and managed to by a small apartment with the money I- ahem- borrowed from my brothers.

My brothers.

It's been exactly two years since I last saw them and not a day goes by that I don't miss them. I've been living in New York, tracking down Mr. X.

Anyway, I reached school and parked my silver BMW. Instantly, my friend- Cole- appeared, "Hey Amelia!" Oh, yeah, I changed my name to make it harder for people to track me.

"Hey Cole!" I smiled, "what lesson do we have first?"

"We have Science," Cole replied, "come on, I don't want to be late."

I rolled my eyes; Cole deems 'arriving on time' as 'late'.

I entered Science and took my usual spot at the back. I brought out my science book and planner and got ready for the lesson.

X

After Science, my phone beeped with a notification. I opened it and saw a text from an unknown number saying 'Bin by Tracy's Boutique.'

"Hey, Cole," I said, "I need to go somewhere, family emergency. Could you take my notes and tell Mr Smith?"

"Everything alright?" Cole asked, his brown eyes shining with concern.

"Yeah, yeah," I said distractedly, "just something came up. I gotta go." And then I left.

I wasn't worried about getting into trouble. I was smart enough so the school wouldn't kick me out. Besides, Mr Smith never takes the register so I could get the information and go back to school without anyone knowing. I went to the bin and, as casually as possible, reached inside and pulled out a brown box.

This is it, I thought, I have the information.

A few months ago, I met someone. I told them about my mission to kill Mr. Woods and they have been supplying me with information. A couple weeks ago, they said they'd managed to track down Mr. X and would send his location to me.

School can wait, I thought, this is important.

I ripped open the packaging and opened the box. Inside were plane tickets to California and a letter labelled 'To be opened when you reach'.

Well, it looks like I'm going back home.

Xander's POV:

It's been two years. Two torturous years.

Currently, I was clutching a copy of the letter ans scanning it for clues. I know she said she didn't want to be found but, hey, you can't blame me for wanting to try.

I graduated last year, to everyone's (and mine) shock. Yeah, I'm more than just a pretty face.

"Pretty face?" Vito said. Oh no, did I say that out loud?

"Yeah, you did," Vito laughed. Damn.

"Shut up and check your letter," I grumbled.

"What are you doing?" Aless entered the room.

"Uh, nothing?" Vito hastily shoved the letters away. Smooth.

Aless raised an eyebrow, "Really? Then what's this?" And reached out and pulled the letters from behind us, "you're trying to find her, aren't you?"

"Well, can you blame us?" I argued, "she's our sister, Alessandro. We lost her once and I'm not going to lose her again."

To mine and Vito's surprise, Aless started smiling, "and do you think you're the only one trying to find Lila?" He replaced the sheets back on my desk, "come to my office. I'll show you the information the others have collected." And left the room.

End of chapter 1.

Pretty dull chapter, but I wanted to show you what the brothers and Lila have been doing before delving into the story.

Thanks for reading! Stay safe and see you next time!