Chapter 4: Start of school

AN: here's chapter 3. Enjoy people.

Lila's POV:

The next day, I walked to my old school. St. Benwood Academy. Yes, I'd decided to return to my old school. It shouldn't be a problem; the twins and Xander should've left school by now and I was in my last year, so I don't have to worry about meeting my friends.

Or so I thought.

Apparently, the school had expanded, combining into a college and high school. Since I'm pretty smart, I skipped a grade in a couple of subjects. This means that- not only will I be in the same grade as my family and friends- I'll be in the same class as them. Oh joy.

Fortunately, the school hadn't taken down the helpful signs that'd guided me on my first- and only- day two years ago.

I collected my schedule and made my way to my locker. Sadly, there were no helpful signs guiding me there so I asked someone.

"Hi, I'm new. Can you please tell me the way to the lockers?" I asked.

The boy turned around and my eyes widened. It was Ashton.

Really? Can't the universe just give me a break?

Ashton's POV:

"Hi, I'm new. Can you please tell me the way to the lockers?"

I turned around to see a pretty girl with blonde hair. Her green eyes widened for a second, but she quickly recovered.

"Yeah, sure," I couldn't shake the feeling that I'd met her before, "Follow me."

As we were walking, I found out that her name was Amelia and that she'd moved from New York because her father had gotten a new job. For some reason, I felt like she was lying; she kept biting her lip and wouldn't look me in the eye- like Lila-

Don't.

An overwhelming feeling of sadness overcame me. Although it's been two years, I still miss my best friend every day. The first few weeks after her death were the hardest- Alex and I locked ourselves in our rooms and cried for a long time. Charlotte, Greg and Noah brought us out of that dark phase.

"-Ashton? Ashton!" Amelia was in front of me, frowning in concern, "are you okay?

"Yeah, yeah," I replied distractedly, "do you want to sit with me and my friends at lunch?" I asked, wanting to change the topic quickly.

Amelia looked like she was having an internal battle, "Um, okay," she answered hesitantly, "I have to go or I'll be late. See you." And sped off.

Why do I feel like I know her from somewhere?

TIME SKIP TO LUNCH:

I waited for Amelia outside the cafeteria. She came and smiled. Why do I feel like I've seen that smile before?

"Come on," I said, opening the door, "word of warning: my friends and twin are a little crazy."

Amelia laughed, "okay."

I introduced her to my friends and they liked her instantly. We were talking and having a great time until our fun was interrupted by Jared.

My friends and I hated Jared. He had dirty blonde hair, blue eyes that made girls swoon and a stupid smirk plastered on his face- like he was God's gift to girls everywhere. His ego was bigger than the size of Jupiter- I would love to see him taken down a peg or two.

"Hey baby," he winked at Amelia, who looked faintly disgusted, "do believe in love at first sight? Or do I have to walk by again?"

"Go ahead," Amelia fake smiled, "I need to practice hitting a moving target."

Jared scowled but quickly replaced it with a 'charming' smile, "my life without you is like a broken pencil... pointless."

"My knife isn't though," Amelia deadpanned and we snickered.

Jared reached out to Amelia and she grabbed his arm and twisted it behind his back, "Don't touch me," she growled, fire dancing in her eyes.

She released the unfortunate boy who stumbled away. However, when Amelia's back was turned, he ran at her, ready to punch her. Bu he was stopped by someone.

"Hitting a person when they're back is turned is a cowardly move," Xander growled, the twins flanking him on either side and glaring at Jared who shrivelled up, "don't do it." Jared nodded and Xander released him. Jared didn't hang around for long.

"Hey, Ash," Olly said, "do you and your friends want to come round to ours today?"

"Sure," I replied. Over the last couple of years, the Vincintis, Solomon, Reece, Will, me and my friends became closer. We bonded over our mutual hatred for Mr.X and our grief over Lila, "Amelia, do you want to join us?"

Amelia hesitated and we begged her to join us. Finally, she agreed.

"Perfect," Vito grinned, "See you later."

End of chapter 4.

I hope you guys liked this chapter! What do you think will happen at the Vincenti's house?

Thanks for reading! Stay safe everyone.