Chapter 8: Found

AN: here's chapter 8. Enjoy people.

Xander's POV:

That voice... I know that voice from somewhere.

When Amelia was singing, all I could think of was that she sounded incredibly familiar. When she finished, everyone praised her to the skies, but I was thinking deeply- a first for me.

"Eureka!" Amelia yelled, startling everyone, "Sorry, but I have to go!" She quickly grabbed her bag and left, laughing loudly.

I was suddenly hit with a memory. A clear memory of a painfully familiar laughing blue eyed girl.

Oh my God.

"Hey! Amelia! Come back!" I ran to the door but she was already gone.

"Xander, why are you yelling her name?" Vito asked.

"Because," I gritted my teeth, "that was Lila."

My brothers eyes widened while everyone else looked confused.

"Are you sure?" Olly's voice was hoarse with emotion.

I nodded.

"Isn't Lila dead though?" Reece asked, swallowing at the word dead.

I exchanged looks with my brothers. By silent agreement, we decided to tell them everything.

*
After the explanation, there was a range of emotions. Shock, happiness and disbelief. Zoe, however, raised an eyebrow and said, "took you long enough."

"Wait, you knew?!" I asked, shocked.

"Yeah," Zoe said in a 'duh' tone before merrily skipping off to do whatever she does, leaving the rest of us astounded.

Lila's POV:

After leaving my friends and family, I quickly hopped in my car and drove home. I quickly washed my hair free of the dye, put on a blonde wig and my green contacts- I wanted Mr. X to know who shot him.

Yes, I knew where Mr. X was. It was obvious if you think about it: a red fish equals a red herring and 'seven' is the Chinese ghost number (AN: I changed it). There was a company whose logo is a red herring and I'll bet that's where Mr. Woods is hiding.

I pulled up at the 'Watts Tower' and took a deep breath. This was it. This was the day when I would either die, or kill Mr. X. I closed my eyes and an image of Jake and Jasmine smiling at me spurred me on.

I gathered all my courage and holstered my gun before marching straight in the building.

"Excuse me!" A snappy voice called, "who are you?"

"I'm-" I started to say but was cut off by the irritating clerk.

"I don't care," she snapped bossily, "get out."

"Oh, you don't want to anger me," I lifted my shirt up slightly and she gulped when she saw the tattoo. It was of a blue viper curling around around my waist with the word 'Boss' written in red on the inside. Plus, she was probably intimidated by my gun.

"Go right in," she mumbled, clicking the button and allowing me to go through.

"Thank you," I smirked and walked confidently in.

I scanned the doors and saw one labelled: Mr. Kaej Minjase. I glared daggers into the sign. Rearranged, the letters spelt 'Jake Jasmine'.

Wasting no time, I marched into the office. I expected Woods to be shocked or surprised. Instead, he spun around in his chair- like every mastermind villain- and said: "Lila, I've been expecting you."

End of chapter 8.

I may end this book in about 7-8 chapters...

Please check out my new book 'Going back' and tell me what you think of it!

Hope you liked this short chapter!

Stay safe and thanks for reading!