Chapter 10: Help

AN: here's chapter 10. Enjoy, people.

Lila's POV:

I groaned as I aroused from my deep slumber. My back ached from where I was whipped and there was blood trickling down my head.

I sat up straight and leaned against the wall, breathing heavily. I wanted this to be over. I wanted to be back with my brothers and safe. I just-

Suddenly, I could hear shouting and guns being fired. A tiny flicker of hope ignited inside me. Could it be my brothers?

The cell door was opened and I looked towards it eagerly.

"Come on, grab the girl and go," I heard a voice say and I frowned. I didn't recognise them.

A man tried to pick me up but I squirmed and kneed him in the stomach.

"Oof!" He cried, "Jeez, we're trying to save you!"

"How do I know?" My voice was dry and croaky.

"You'll just have to trust us," Guy no.1 carefully kept out of punching distance from me.

I scoffed, "trust you? Really?"

Guy no.1 sighed, "I really didn't want to do this. Boss is going to kill me."

"What do you-" I was cut off by the all too familiar feeling of a metal rod striking the back of my head.

Not this again.

Axel's POV:

We stood, frozen in shock, staring at the black screen. My baby sister was being beaten up. I wanted to torture Mr. X and then give him a painful death. I'm sure my brothers will help me.

"Guys," Olly said quietly, "Is it possible to trace the number?"

Aless typed something in his computer and sighed in frustration, "I need special equipment and skills to hack into it."

Xander smirked, "I know the perfect person. Let me just call her." And left the room.

He came back five minutes later and said his guy will be here in fifteen minutes.

FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER:

The doorbell rang and I rushed to open it. Unpin doing so, I saw no one there. Confused, I began shutting the door but a voice yelled, "Down here!"

I looked down to see a petite woman in a smart suit clutching a briefcase. She had on thick black glasses and a black pageboy haircut.

"Annie!" Xander grinned and bent down to give her a hug, "how have you been?"

"I was doing good," Annie grumbled, "until I met you. Now, show me the video."

Xander lead Annie to Alessandro's study, closely followed by a flabbergasted me.

"Xander?" Aless raised an eyebrow, "who's your friend?"

"I'm Annie," Annie replied.

"Well, Annie, it's nice to meet you," Olly smiled.

"You too, I guess," Annie walked over to Alessandro's desk, "now show me the video."

She opened her briefcase to reveal an assortment of wires and devices. She snapped on a pair of rubber gloves and set to work. Within five minutes, she'd cracked the code and found out where Lila was.

"She's at the abandoned Grandi Station," Annie announced.

"Thank you so much Annie!" Xander exclaimed gratefully and we looked at him in shock- Xander rarely says thank you.

"No worries. Just make sure I meet your sister when she comes back- I wanna make sure you idiots haven't corrupted her." Then she walked out of the house.

"Who-" Aless started but cut himself off and shook his head, "never mind, let's go get our sister back."

Alessandro's POV:

Currently, it was night time and we were standing outside the Grandi Station. We were wearing bullet proof vests over our suits.

"Everyone in position?" I asked over the earpiece. I got a chorus of 'yes' and 'let's do this already' in reply, "go in 3... 2... 1 now."

We quietly picked the lock and opened the door. Me and my brothers lead the rest of our gang. We climbed in the creaky elevator- which was big enough to fit about 20 of us-  and slowly made our way down. Axel and Drake had their jaws clenched and Xander was bounding with barely contained energy. I'd told Vito and Olly to stay back- I don't think I would be able to handle it if I lost them too.

"Basement," the voice in the elevator said, the doors opening.

To our surprise, there were dead bodies littered everywhere. The white walls were stained with blood and the smell of gunpowder filled the air.

Shocked, we examined the area to find it void of living people. I checked the cells, hoping to see the familiar face of my sister but came up empty.

"Sir, we found this," one of my men came up to me, clutching a piece of paper.

"We have your sister," I read out loud, "don't worry, this isn't a random note. We will return her as soon as she has recovered fully.
Melinda Russo."

"R-Russo?" Axel stammered. I didn't blame him.

Melinda Russo is the most feared mafia boss in the world. At first, she was ridiculed for being a women but quickly showed that she was fearless and wouldn't hesitate to kill you. They are our close allies so I wasn't too worried that they had Lila.

"What now?" Xander demanded. If he had his way, he'd probably march to the Russo's headquarters and get Lila back- probably getting killed in the process.

I neatly folded the note and placed it in my pocket, careful to not show any emotion, "We wait."

End of chapter 10.

Not my best chapter but I hope you guys liked it!

Thanks for reading and stay safe :)