Chapter 3: Towers

AN: here's chapter 3. Enjoy people.

Lila's POV:

Buzzzz buzzzz buzz buzzz

I groggily sat up and picked up the call, "Hello?"

"Hello, Amelia," the cold voice responded and I instantly sat up, all trace of tiredness gone.

"MC wassup?" I asked, trying to sound laid back.

"You're looking for a Leon Merdidi," MC ignored my greeting.

"Where does he live?"

"Trimon," MC said, "and this is where we part. I hope you succeed in your mission." They then hung up on me.

I quickly got changed and grabbed my gun (stuff always goes wrong when I don't bring it) and left, brimming with energy.

X

I went to the address given. It was in a rather shady part of town and some people have approached me, but I scared them off with my gun.

The house was dilapidated with grimy windows and an untidy lawn. The door looked like it could be blown away with one strong cough. I marched right in, not bothering to knock.

What I wasn't expecting was to see two of my brothers standing over Leon, beating the life out of him.

The universe just can't give me a break, huh?

Axel's POV:

Drake and received information that some guy had knowledge about Mr Woods. We wanted to hunt Mr.X down and torture him, slowly and painfully.

Drake was beating the life out of Leon when a girl with green eyes wearing a mask entered the house. She looked surprised for a second but quickly covered it up.

"Who are you?" She demanded.

"None of your business," I replied cooly, "who are you and why are you here?"

"The first is none of your business," the girl retorted, "as for the second, I came here for some information."

Leon whimpered upon seeing the new arrival, "I'll tell you! I'll tell you!" He practically sobbed, "He's hiding in the towers!" He looked at the girl.

"Are you sure?" She grabbed his collar, "if you're lying, I'll kill you."

Leon nodded vigorously and the girl smiled, "good."

"See you around Vincentis," the Girl's eyes twinkled, as if she knew something we didn't, "you'll see her soon enough." Then she turned and walked out of the door and into the night.

"Wait a minute," Drake murmured, "hey, hey, HEY! COME BACK!" He ran outside, swore and came back.

"So, can I go now?" Leon asked. Drake shot him in the head, eyes clouding with emotion.

I raised an eyebrow; Drake was rarely this angry or frustrated, "what happened?"

My brother looked at me, "Axe... that was MG."

X

"And you're sure it's her?" I asked for the thousandth time in the car, "like, doubly triply sure?"

"If you ask that one more time," Drake growled, not taking his eyes off the road, "I'm going to take this gun and-"

"Okay, okay!" I raised my hands in mock surrender, "I just can't believe that it's really her. She's alive, Drake. God... the others are going to be so happy."

"We can't tell the others," Drake said and I looked at him in shock, "what if it's not Lila, huh? Or if it is her, the others will try and track her down. Axe... This is something Lila needs to do on her own; the best thing for us to do is observe from a distance and be there for her when she comes back."

"If she comes back," I whispered, voicing out everyone's unspoken fear.

He didn't reply.

Lila's POV:

I went back to my house, turning over the information in my mind. The towers. Why didn't I think of that before? (AN: I don't know what California looks like, I'm just imagining a random place and going of that! Sorry if it's not accurate.) Woods knew that I'd try searching for him elsewhere, so he hid in plain sight.

As much as I hated to admit it, the plan was pretty clever.

I also met my brothers. I wanted to do nothing more than to run up and hug them. I missed them so damn much.

You'll meet them properly soon, Lila, I consoled myself.

I decided to scout out the towers first, trying to find all the entrances and exits before going in. Hopefully, my mission should be completed in a few months.

With that positive thought, I went to sleep, preparing myself for school tomorrow.

End of chapter 3.

The chapters are short right now, but they will get longer!

I hope you guys liked this chapter!

Next chapter will be school. What do you think will happen there?

Thanks for reading and stay safe!